MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
IndianGuru said:
I have a small Excel spreadsheet for beginners like me in Mutual Funds. See this thread -
Free Mutual Fund Excel Spreadsheet

I am new to Excel too and if it's no big secret, can you let us know what code is to be added to the above mentioned spreadsheet, so that we can get live NAV's for our Mutual Fund investments?

Hi,

No its no big secret ... its open to all of u... I am very busy wid my office work for some time now.... Will try to do wat u want as soon as i get some time..

Joy I got ur mail but because of official work load its still pending... :(

Amit

Eagerly awaiting your information as to how I can integrate live quotes in my Excel sheet. Thanks.

amitkr said:
Hi,
No its no big secret ... its open to all of u... I am very busy wid my office work for some time now.... Will try to do wat u want as soon as i get some time..
Amit

Re: MY Excel stock tracker - UPDATED 1.3 :)

amitkr said:
Hil,

Still a noobie as far as trading is concerned so cant help much on that ground..
Am a techie so helping in a way I can ...

I coded an excel sheet capable of downloading quotes ...
So wanted to share it with all you friends..

If you have to closely track a list of scrips this will be of great help...

How to use:

1. UNZIP (using winzip... or whatever u like)
2. Double click on My Tracker.xls
3. A prompt(macro warning) will appear click on Enable macros
4. This sheet downloads data from Yahoo.co.in , so u have to use there symbols. The existing file contains the symbols I used to track.. You can delete them and put your own...
5.(If u r connected to the net )Now click on the Get Data button .. data will be refreshed.

I keep refreshing the data... and also refresh the data EOD.. everyday.

Tip: Login to Yahoo from your computer with the option Remember me on this computer selected... This way the excel sheet gives you LIVE NSE quotes .. BSE quotes are delayed by 15 mins

I hope you will like it...
Any issues please shout back :)

Thanks..
Amit

Upadated the program to handle more than one worksheet ... So stocks can be placed on diffrent sheets... to keep things clean... check out

Upadated to version 1.2 ... Now displays quotes like 1.21 , 1.26 etc... Initially it was showing only in multiple of 10

Updated to version 1.3 ... Added a sheet for INTRADAY informations

it is a good software . can u make in a meta format, i mean
scriptcode, open, high,low, current/close,volume it can be very useful for intraday and eod trader both as it can be fitted to any tech analysis softwares.
from
[email protected]

murthymsr

Dear amitkr,

its a wonderful and generous contribution to the forum and i join others in congratulating you for making the software available for free.

it fetches the live data from yahoo, after logging in to yahoo finance.

I wish the intraday sheet has some addional features like,
1) automatically get data at predefined intervals.
2) compare the current value with previous value & give some alerts on fast raise/fall.
3) max no of stocks while extracting quotes from yahoo is very large (may be more than a hundred). If stock data is arranged row-wise than column-wise, usage of horizontal scroll bar may be avoided.

4) yahoo codes for nse stocks have changed. presently old codes may be supported, but may not continue forever. if any member is interested, i can send the new codes as a csv file.

apologies for any errors in the above and thanks once again for a good piece of software.

murthymsr

Hello,

Could you not include 2 colums in this my tracker for resistance & support levels so if the last price is above or below that range an alarm or popup or any alert can be had.

murthymsr

IndianGuru said:
I have a small Excel spreadsheet for beginners like me in Mutual Funds. See this thread -
Free Mutual Fund Excel Spreadsheet

I am new to Excel too and if it's no big secret, can you let us know what code is to be added to the above mentioned spreadsheet, so that we can get live NAV's for our Mutual Fund investments?
As i understand, as amit's excel spreadsheet obtains data from yahoo finance site, if there is a code for a mutual fund or a future or an option, the spreadsheet gets the quotes.

i think, presently yahoo does not give quotes for for mutual funds/ futures/ options of indian stocks.

The correct code & whether a stock/mf/future/option has a yahoo code or not can be checked at yahoo site at

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/l

by entering a few characters of the name.

incidentally, this spreadsheet can be used for for any exchange in the world if there is a yahoo code for that stock;

MSFT for microsoft corporation on NSADAQ,
INFY for Infosys ADR on NASDAQ etc.,

The spreadsheet gets data from yahoo only if there is code for that scrip at yahoo.com

apologies for errors if any.

murthysr

Dear Sir,

I have checked your excell sheet. It looked very useful to me. However, some information I am unable to trace out. How to find EOD day high, day low, close and 52 weeks high and low..

Also, i have a suggestion. In the intra day trading work sheet, can you also insert pivot point table. It will be very use ful.
You can arrange to provide a pivot table which will check the previous day values of a stock and generate the pivot data like resitance and support for the next trading day..This can can inserted in the intra day page. I can check the pivot points and track the intra day data of the stocks..

Pls do needful

Status
Not open for further replies.