MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MY Excel stock tracker - UPDATED 1.3 :)

amitkr said:
Hil,

Still a noobie as far as trading is concerned so cant help much on that ground..
Am a techie so helping in a way I can ...

I coded an excel sheet capable of downloading quotes ...
So wanted to share it with all you friends..

If you have to closely track a list of scrips this will be of great help...

How to use:

1. UNZIP (using winzip... or whatever u like)
2. Double click on My Tracker.xls
3. A prompt(macro warning) will appear click on Enable macros
4. This sheet downloads data from Yahoo.co.in , so u have to use there symbols. The existing file contains the symbols I used to track.. You can delete them and put your own...
5.(If u r connected to the net )Now click on the Get Data button .. data will be refreshed.

I keep refreshing the data... and also refresh the data EOD.. everyday.

Tip: Login to Yahoo from your computer with the option Remember me on this computer selected... This way the excel sheet gives you LIVE NSE quotes .. BSE quotes are delayed by 15 mins

I hope you will like it...
Any issues please shout back :)

Thanks..
Amit

Upadated the program to handle more than one worksheet ... So stocks can be placed on diffrent sheets... to keep things clean... check out

Upadated to version 1.2 ... Now displays quotes like 1.21 , 1.26 etc... Initially it was showing only in multiple of 10

Updated to version 1.3 ... Added a sheet for INTRADAY informations
thx amit,
i mean i am really greatful for such a wonderful thing.
of course i am no Software technie so the VB source code is nouse to me.
i just want to know how many symbols i can add. because when i cut and paste the program does not retieve data for last codes.
regards
ragh_ash

I would like to request, to upload the stock tracker, after it has been improved upon so that we can download the latest version.

Thank you.

Wastej
Everytime I updated it I placed the latest version for download on the very 1st post of this thread... Get it from there ... Thanks

ragh_ash said:
thx amit,
i mean i am really greatful for such a wonderful thing.
of course i am no Software technie so the VB source code is nouse to me.
i just want to know how many symbols i can add. because when i cut and paste the program does not retieve data for last codes.
regards
ragh_ash

I think at present this works for 200 symbols....(I coded it using my requirements) .. but can be easily upgraded for any no....

How many symbols you are trying to use?

Yahoo Limits Symbols To 200 For Each Query. If You Want More, The Code Will Have To Be Tweaked To Issue Multiple Calls By Packaging 200 At A Time.

amitkr said:
Hil,

Still a noobie as far as trading is concerned so cant help much on that ground..
Am a techie so helping in a way I can ...

I coded an excel sheet capable of downloading quotes ...
So wanted to share it with all you friends..

If you have to closely track a list of scrips this will be of great help...

How to use:

1. UNZIP (using winzip... or whatever u like)
2. Double click on My Tracker.xls
3. A prompt(macro warning) will appear click on Enable macros
4. This sheet downloads data from Yahoo.co.in , so u have to use there symbols. The existing file contains the symbols I used to track.. You can delete them and put your own...
5.(If u r connected to the net )Now click on the Get Data button .. data will be refreshed.

I keep refreshing the data... and also refresh the data EOD.. everyday.

Tip: Login to Yahoo from your computer with the option Remember me on this computer selected... This way the excel sheet gives you LIVE NSE quotes .. BSE quotes are delayed by 15 mins

I hope you will like it...
Any issues please shout back :)

Thanks..
Amit

Upadated the program to handle more than one worksheet ... So stocks can be placed on diffrent sheets... to keep things clean... check out

Upadated to version 1.2 ... Now displays quotes like 1.21 , 1.26 etc... Initially it was showing only in multiple of 10

Updated to version 1.3 ... Added a sheet for INTRADAY informations

why not u give in live bhav copy metastock format?it is most useful. at the end it beomes bhav copy and in intra day it can be exported to other software

Hi Amitkr,

I used yr spreadsheet. Its great but i m unable to refresh the old data. I can refresh only last day data. Can u help me ..???

regards

vachhanipm

vachhanipm said:
Hi Amitkr,

I used yr spreadsheet. Its great but i m unable to refresh the old data. I can refresh only last day data. Can u help me ..???

regards

vachhanipm
Hi vachhanipm,

This sheet gets data for today only....

U cant refresh old data

Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.