My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly Part 2

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 50%+

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Nifty Trader

NT, would like to say that on TJ, yours is the post that I most look fw. to. It does not advertise itself as the holy grail or promise to make you a multi millionaire in x no. of days as so many of the misleading threads that are posted here, but is one of the most rational as well as profitable thread that I have seen here unless I am mistaken.

While I mostly day trade, and at times take positional trades, seeing your record, I am considering changing my trading style to trading longer time frame.

BTW, I go back to the charts and check the rational for your entry, exit and SL level, and basis this, I have added to my knowledge. So let me thank you for the same.

On TJ, there will always be critics and allegations made for any thread. But I wanted you to know that your thread is valuable, and am sure will help many traders to learn and earn the right way!

God bless.
Thanks for your appreciative comments, Reggie :) Glad that you are making the effort to take as much from the info as you can.

My 2c on your considering positional trading. If you are doing intraday and doing it profitably thats terrific. Thats the most difficult time frame to master imo. Successful day traders find it easier to trade longer timeframes so you should have no problems. The problem is when longer TF traders try to go shorter i.e. weekly charts to daily to intraday is more difficult. But ultimately, I believe if you can trade any one TF correctly and profitably, you can develop your skills to master other TF's as well. All the best in your journey :thumb:

Thanks Champ as well for your feedback. Cheers :D

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) DCM Ltd bought on 24th July @ 143.95, TSL below 176.3. Exited @ 183.5 as the stock fell suddenly from 203. Profit = 27.47%
2) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, TSL below 136.3. CMP - 157.1
3) Bajaj Finance bought on 9th Aug @ 1073.5, TSL below 1034. CMP - 1081.2
4) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, TSL above 288.5. CMP - 271.3
5) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 617. CMP - 699.3
6) Atul Ltd bought on 21st Aug @ 292, SL below 267.5. CMP - 305.55

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL). Complete trading records are on Page 1.

Snippets:

DCM fell all of a sudden today. I had mentioned a few days back that I'll be looking for signs of any reversal in the stock. Well, the reversal happened today but it happened too quickly and price fell almost vertically from 203 odd to hit the lower circuit of 183.5. Luckily, the volume was good and was able to exit. The reason I was still holding the stock even though I knew that a reversal was possible was simply price action. Price action was very bullish upto the point of reversal and it could have easily gone up another 20-30% with such a pattern (blowout move as happened with V-Guard).

I find it best to exit when the market tells me. This way you can catch most of these big moves. Also, by following this philosophy you will never blame yourself for any exit as the decision to exit was made by the market, not you. Makes it much easier to live with :D

Good moves by Granules, Mindtree and BEML.

rh6996

Open Positions:

1) DCM Ltd bought on 24th July @ 143.95, TSL below 176.3. Exited @ 183.5 as the stock fell suddenly from 203. Profit = 27.47%
2) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, TSL below 136.3. CMP - 157.1
3) Bajaj Finance bought on 9th Aug @ 1073.5, TSL below 1034. CMP - 1081.2
4) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, TSL above 288.5. CMP - 271.3
5) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 617. CMP - 699.3
6) Atul Ltd bought on 21st Aug @ 292, SL below 267.5. CMP - 305.55

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL). Complete trading records are on Page 1.

Snippets:

DCM fell all of a sudden today. I had mentioned a few days back that I'll be looking for signs of any reversal in the stock. Well, the reversal happened today but it happened too quickly and price fell almost vertically from 203 odd to hit the lower circuit of 183.5. Luckily, the volume was good and was able to exit. The reason I was still holding the stock even though I knew that a reversal was possible was simply price action. Price action was very bullish upto the point of reversal and it could have easily gone up another 20-30% with such a pattern (blowout move as happened with V-Guard).

I find it best to exit when the market tells me. This way you can catch most of these big moves. Also, by following this philosophy you will never blame yourself for any exit as the decision to exit was made by the market, not you. Makes it much easier to live with :D

Good moves by Granules, Mindtree and BEML.
Thanks for sharing further insight about your trading methodolgy...
DCM: Was this exit as per set Rules for trading? Asking this as your TSL was below 176.30 and you exited at 183.50 !

Nifty Trader

Thanks for sharing further insight about your trading methodolgy...
DCM: Was this exit as per set Rules for trading? Asking this as your TSL was below 176.30 and you exited at 183.50 !
Yes, there is one indicator in the software which points to overbought / oversold situations. Based on that I had mentioned a few days back that I will look for price movements signalling a correction to exit. I couldnt give a specific price SL as it all depended on how the stock behaved.

Also, once a stock hits Lower Circuit, irrespective of where your SL is, you should exit as you might not get a chance to, for several days in a row. Again a 10% downmove in a single day cannot be called a healthy correction. It points more towards panic selling (whatever may the reason). So more than one reason to exit DCM.

Reggie

Well NT, intraday as well as positional both try to capture the trend though intraday is on a smaller timeframe. The advantage being one can exit EOD and not get whiplashed next day if one is risk averse. However the significant limitation of daytrading is that one is giving up capturing larger part of the trend. Besides one has to continiously scan live charts and even then, miss many a good setups. Positional trading has a major advantage such that one is able to check up on all the charts EOD, and not miss a trade if meeting one's specification

Am taking the liberty of posting your recent trade of DCM for the benefit of other traders who can stydy the entry/exit. Trust this is fine with you. If not, shall not post future exit.

Thanks for your appreciative comments, Reggie :) Glad that you are making the effort to take as much from the info as you can.

My 2c on your considering positional trading. If you are doing intraday and doing it profitably thats terrific. Thats the most difficult time frame to master imo. Successful day traders find it easier to trade longer timeframes so you should have no problems. The problem is when longer TF traders try to go shorter i.e. weekly charts to daily to intraday is more difficult. But ultimately, I believe if you can trade any one TF correctly and profitably, you can develop your skills to master other TF's as well. All the best in your journey :thumb:

Thanks Champ as well for your feedback. Cheers :D

Attachments

Reggie

Well NT, intraday as well as positional both try to capture the trend though intraday is on a smaller timeframe. The advantage being one can exit EOD and not get whiplashed next day if one is risk averse. However the significant limitation of daytrading is that one is giving up capturing larger part of the trend. Besides one has to continiously scan live charts and even then, miss many a good setups. Positional trading has a major advantage such that one is able to check up on all the charts EOD, and not miss a trade if meeting one's specification

Am taking the liberty of posting your recent trade of DCM for the benefit of other traders who can stydy the entry/exit. Trust this is fine with you. If not, shall not post future exit.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, TSL below 142.8. CMP - 157.5
2) Bajaj Finance bought on 9th Aug @ 1073.5, TSL below 1034. CMP - 1084.9
3) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, TSL above 288.5. CMP - 273.45
4) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 633. CMP - 673.15
5) Atul Ltd bought on 21st Aug @ 292, SL below 267.5. CMP - 295.7
6) Suzlon shorted today (27th Aug) @ 15.95, SL above 17. CMP - 15.2

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

Snippets:

Good move by Suzlon today. Was down more than 6% intraday. Finally closed at 15.2.

In one of my last few posts, I had mentioned the importance of exiting a stock (DCM in this case) once it hits Lower Circuit as it might continue down that road till the cows come home. What happens today? DCM again hits 10% LC. Always protect your capital and get out when you are unsure.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, TSL below 142.8. CMP - 154.7
2) Bajaj Finance bought on 9th Aug @ 1073.5, TSL below 1034. CMP - 1065.4
3) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, TSL above 288.5. CMP - 278.3
4) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 633. CMP - 653.4
5) Atul Ltd bought on 21st Aug @ 292, SL below 267.5. CMP - 293.9
6) Suzlon shorted on 27th Aug @ 15.95, SL above 17. CMP - 15.1

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).