My Debit Card is not working for online payment

hi,
I am trying to purchase or pay online using my Debit card, as i do not have Credit card. When I entered my Debit card no , after auth, it shows error that the invalid card no.Please tell me anybody has came across this type of error and how did u cleared?

Sorry rahaman, no good news for you! The Debit card requires a separate manually entered three-digit code. It's an arrangement between the banks and the sellers terminal etc. So not possible to do online transactions with it.

rahaman said:
hi,
I am trying to purchase or pay online using my Debit card, as i do not have Credit card. When I entered my Debit card no , after auth, it shows error that the invalid card no.Please tell me anybody has came across this type of error and how did u cleared?
I came across this kinda error. It was cleared after I deposited money in my account. You got to have money in your account, you know:D :D :D

sandynisha said:
:cool: yes u can
I am surprised that you can because I have also tried what rahaman did (with money in the bank account), and was not successful. Even Airtel people could not use it in place of Credit card because it would not allow for automatic deduction from my account without manually putting in that 3-digit code. In fact, that's when I found out about how it operates differently from a Credit Card. I'd like to know if and where you have tried it successfully. Thanks.

superkap said:
I am surprised that you can because I have also tried what rahaman did (with money in the bank account), and was not successful. Even Airtel people could not use it in place of Credit card because it would not allow for automatic deduction from my account without manually putting in that 3-digit code. In fact, that's when I found out about how it operates differently from a Credit Card. I'd like to know if and where you have tried it successfully. Thanks.
Thanks nisha for your reply. did u find any solution? if so please reply how?

pkjha30

rahaman said:
hi,
Hi

Credit card numbers are different and based onsome logic and for verification it uses cvv number with number verification and database verification.
So a web site authenticating credit card numbers can not authenticate debitcard numbers which would not be in their data base. So for online transaction it can not be used.
For use with shops they have special terminals provided by the issuing bank which connects to bank's records and verifies the transactions. Merchants would have their own code and may be you have to use your own code/pin as well.
Credit card is better and cost effective if used wisely otherwise it would take no time to turn into a financial nightmare. Web payments , do only from few websites avoid as much as possible to escape online fraud. never give your numbers to unknown websites.There is a thread with detailed do's and don't on credit card in this forum.

pankaj