My daytrading

Did my thread made any difference to your trading?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea behind posting the trades is not to prove how great the method is or how intelligent the trader is. So we have to see whether the trader takes trades as per the method or not and not taking trades on " I felt so","as per my gut feeling""the trade did not look right "etc and there is reason for taking or not taking a trade.

If someone feels that the method does not work, he is free to have his views and find a system which works for him .....

This is precisely the reason that many senior traders have stopped posting anything in this forum.Not that they are not able to post trades real time ( for information a sister forum of this forum discusses all trades on different methods in real time ...an excel sheet prerpared everyday to post trades,profits and losses and show extraordinary results in real time reporting )......

Carry on with your trades Raghav,,it is much more important to find a method which works for you,you are comfortable trading it , trade and make serious money than becoming a technical analysis guru or methods and systems guru and doing a full time job of posting in various forums and proving what works and what does not .....let the people find out themselves....

Even if you post a great method, there will be half a dozen guys who will be working on it to prove that it does not work ...so they are doing their job...you continue yours...

This is a general post on what I find these days in this forum and not pertaining to any person or any instance or this particulatr thread ....and many here have no idea how advanced and profitable the trading could be....and we are still debating whether moving averages work,technical patterns work or not...whether money can be made in trading...can we make 300 points in a month or not....grow up guys....the world has gone much ahead....it is upto you to catch up or remain static....

Best wishes to you...

Smart_trade

AW10

Sorry raghav. But this way its not convincing that the trades you take are real profitable or not.

I can show you many charts the same way. On EOD it is quite easy to plot the good trades, cause whole of the chart is in your front. Thats y i asked for the real time charts.

This way the method is really not worth. Ask any trader who posts any system for discussion or method for discussion. Untill and unless you cannot put into real time, you cant justify that it is worth.

Ok, i agree that you cant post the charts. But after taking the trades you can put the entry price and stoploss, in a 1-2 minute delay, so that atleast we can interpret how you are taking the trade. You are working on 5 minute candle chart and you have a lot of time to mention it. Post the chart at eod, in reference to the trades post in trading time.

Otherwise its of no use.
Rajputz,
I think Raghav is treating this thread as his Trade Journal. I don't think he is trying give real time calls here. So lets respect that.
I see your point that having this info in Realtime will help..but that will help only those TJ member who are here during mkt hours. That info is useless for someone who comes to this thread in future.

Raghav - I like your consistency in using both systems and nice selection of target stocks to trade.
A suggestion - It might be good idea to put links to BB system (i guess it is Columbus's thread) and to Oscillator thread of Smart_trade in first few posts.. so that visitors know what u are trading. All other charts with clear documentation helps in understanding the systems in lot better way.

If you have done any modification to those systems, then see if you would like to share them as well.

This will help other visitors for long long time..

Happy Trading.

Raghavacc

Rajputz,
I think Raghav is treating this thread as his Trade Journal. I don't think he is trying give real time calls here. So lets respect that.
I see your point that having this info in Realtime will help..but that will help only those TJ member who are here during mkt hours. That info is useless for someone who comes to this thread in future.

Raghav - I like your consistency in using both systems and nice selection of target stocks to trade.
A suggestion - It might be good idea to put links to BB system (i guess it is Columbus's thread) and to Oscillator thread of Smart_trade in first few posts.. so that visitors know what u are trading. All other charts with clear documentation helps in understanding the systems in lot better way.

If you have done any modification to those systems, then see if you would like to share them as well.

This will help other visitors for long long time..

Happy Trading.
AW - The links to both the threads are given in first thread by now.

Regards
Raghav

rajputz

Rajput,

Instead of asking me to put post the trades in real time ,I will ask you to try this on your own and see the great results it gives. I have anyway given you what all has to be done and what all has to be seen.I hope you are more than a matured trader to grasp this system.

Regards
Raghav
I dont say that system is worth or not. It gives positive trades or not. What i meant is that trades you are posting can be done in real time, rather then eod. On EOD chart everything is profitable.

Its your thread. Post it way you like. All i meant was that real time posting is more comfortable. cause we see the price action. Hope you get my point. Goodluck.

columbus

Actually we understand the real working in the real time. IMO, Any intraday or swing method elaborated on EOD chart is of no use. I hop you get the point. Thanks.
Hi Raj,

I mentioned N number of times in my thread, that, trading using EOD chart often
makes a easy job but in reality it is not so. Raghav took a good initiative.Though
EOD is not useless ,certainly it will help to frame guidelines,which need to be
discussed thoroughly in the forum to refine it.It will be certainly helpful to new
entrants.

Raghavacc

Post Number 1 and post number 5 will be the mother posts of this thread. During weekend I will frame a documentation which can help many to understand the method in depth. I am not going to tweak the basic structure of both the methods as ST rightly told more we tweak more it loses its robustness. However we will merge the methods to get more reliable signals and confirmation for our decision taking process.

Regards
Raghav

simple_trader

Raghavacc Thanks for putting effort and posting your method.

I have a basic question about indicator stoch (or any other oscillators) - how do you decide it is flipping or not/coming out of over bought or not. I am asking this because in live chart, we would see lot times it is flipping, but it can change and stay in over bought/sold in next candle.

Do you face this issue? Thanks in advance!

Raghavacc

Raghavacc Thanks for putting effort and posting your method.

I have a basic question about indicator stoch (or any other oscillators) - how do you decide it is flipping or not/coming out of over bought or not. I am asking this because in live chart, we would see lot times it is flipping, but it can change and stay in over bought/sold in next candle.

Do you face this issue? Thanks in advance!

Simple Trader.Good question.

In 5 Minutes timeframe you tend to get noise till you get hang of it. Its natural. Don't mind. If you follow these rules framed by ST bro will be in perfect trades most of the times.Lets assume we have opportunity for shorting: Now we have candle number 1 which is a starting candle. Then candle number 2 which would have closed below candle number 1. We enter only at candle number 3 if that takes out the bottom of candle number 2 . By this time invariably Stoch has to come to neutral zone.

The rules for entry are:
1) The oscillator should have gone to overbought zone.
2) Wait for a bar where the oscillator flips...ie comes out of overbought zone and comes in neutral zone....
3) In doing step No 2 the oscillator should not have stayed in overbought zone for 5 bars and more
4) Wait for a downclose ( meaning close less than earlier day's close)
5) Ensure that by that time oscillator does not go very near oversold region
6) Sell when the low of the downclose bar is broken on downside.....

Further thats the exact reason I have been merging BB with this method so that newcomers can perfect the entry initially.

See the chart below. the first arrow indicates a area where BB top band pierced green + RED. now watch for next down close below the bottom of that RED candle which was pierced by BB top band. Its the 6th candle where I have marked a line .See stoch its already in neutral zone .go short as all 6 qualifiers are met.

See my 2nd arrow.Same phenomena. What a beautifull trade that was. Try to perfect these entries .You will realise how powerfull it is. Practice. Practice .practice.You WILL get it.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2654/niftyentry.jpg

Regards
Ragahv

Last edited:

Raghavacc

If you just grasp what this system has to tell it has no limits.

Just for example posted live charts. No comments.Let the chart talk.

Dont rush to short now. Let the pullback take place. Wait for the next signal from system.

Regards
Raghav

Raghavacc

Try to understand whats it's telling

Regards
Raghav

Status
Not open for further replies.