My Bank Nifty Options trading diary

pannet1

My last trade on equity cash market

There is someone more intelligent and more equipped and more informed and deep pocket

1528351640445.png

hindalco pre-open market
missed short because i was late (lucky there)
went long and sl hit
went short and sl hit

1528352017709.png

THIS IS IT. I CANT TAKE THE PAIN ANY LONGER. NO MORE INTRADAY EQUITY CASH TRADES.

i think i am better off with my monthly options strategy. guaranteed profit because i can bet on the winning side .. if SL hit, i get to take it on my winning leg and keep the added loosing positon for overnight (or) try again.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
My last trade on equity cash market

There is someone more intelligent and more equipped and more informed and deep pocket

View attachment 25869

hindalco pre-open market
missed short because i was late (lucky there)
went long and sl hit
went short and sl hit

View attachment 25870

THIS IS IT. I CANT TAKE THE PAIN ANY LONGER. NO MORE INTRADAY EQUITY CASH TRADES.

i think i am better off with my monthly options strategy. guaranteed profit because i can bet on the winning side .. if SL hit, i get to take it on my winning leg and keep the added loosing positon for overnight (or) try again.

whats your drawdown in equity ?

pannet1

Fantastic calculations, charting etc ... where are you getting all these stats from .. i'm sure the RED's can be turned into greens with a bit of introspection.. :)
many things can be achieved just with excel's if condition

Code:
if(condition, true, false)
if you want i can share the excel. i did not download that excel from the net. i worked on after the other for my requirement.

if you get your gross profit in one column, you can check whether its profit or loss in two columns and mark with number 1. then if you count them seperately you get win or loss.

then you can count the short and long wins in seperate columns by if condition

pannet1

you seem to have some problem in long trades. shorts trades are not that bad.
thanks for observing ravi.

the problem is still short trade because i tried to snowball short trade gone bad on equity with future long trade (which also eventually went bad). so the real culprit was the short trade though the data shows otherwise. its because if the short trade did not go wrong .. i would not have taken long trade.

Raj232

many things can be achieved just with excel's if condition

Code:
if(condition, true, false)
if you want i can share the excel. i did not download that excel from the net. i worked on after the other for my requirement.

if you get your gross profit in one column, you can check whether its profit or loss in two columns and mark with number 1. then if you count them seperately you get win or loss.

then you can count the short and long wins in seperate columns by if condition
if in case it is excel, then its simple, I thought it was a backtest in Amibroker.
I see you are good in programming and implemented c# or python code. I'm looking to auto mate things a bit so that manual intervention is minimum.. i.e. placing orders directly into trading platform. Have you implemented anything yet ?

@pannet1
Read your write ups.
I am also dabbling in banknifty for the last few months and experience is, when made profit, it is a trickle and when lost in many thousands. What you said somewhere is true, there are more intelligent and deep pocketed guys out there to outsmart us. But one day we should be in the reckoning by being able to demonstrate that money can be made through trading.
Regards