Mutual funds portfolio review

Hi,

Can you please help me to review my funds?? I looking for long term (>5 yrs).

DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund - Direct Plan - Growth - 2000

HDFC Equity Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Option - 2000

HDFC Top 200 Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Option - 4000

IDFC Premier Equity Fund-Growth-(Direct Plan) - 3000

I wanted add one more fund for 2000 so I choose either one listed below,

Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Reg-G
ICICI pru discovery fund.

Please suggest the same.

TracerBullet

Hi,

Can you please help me to review my funds?? I looking for long term (>5 yrs).

DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund - Direct Plan - Growth - 2000

HDFC Equity Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Option - 2000

HDFC Top 200 Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Option - 4000

IDFC Premier Equity Fund-Growth-(Direct Plan) - 3000

I wanted add one more fund for 2000 so I choose either one listed below,

Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Reg-G
ICICI pru discovery fund.

Please suggest the same.
They are all good funds with good long term record.
HDFC Equity and HDFC 200 will have some overlap, you dont need both - pick one instead based on your criteria and realign allocation amount.

Canara Robeco Emerging Equities is more small cap oriented fund, so it can fall more in bear markets. Discovery may fall less but may also give less returns in fast bull markets as its more value oriented. But its record is as good as any, so over a market cycle its very good.

As an alternative/addition to Canara Robeco Emerging Equities also check UTI midcap. Its fund manager had managed Sundaram Select midcap in previous bull market where it did very well.

Anyway SIP to any of them for long term 5-10 years should give good returns. Just make sure you understand that midcap/smallcap oriented funds are much more volatile than Large cap oriented ones. Make sure you continue SIP in them when market falls.
IDFC PE/HDFC Midcap/ICICI Discovery are relatively less volatile than canara EE/ Uti midcap.

Hi tracer bullet,

Thank you for your suggestions. Regarding, Hdfc funds I had good return so far I am fine to extend it but I will take your points and look for some good fund.

I thought large cap is more volatile (more risk and very good return) than mid/small cap for long term. Please correct me, if i am wrong. I will look ICICI pru discovery fund.

TracerBullet

Hi tracer bullet,

Thank you for your suggestions. Regarding, Hdfc funds I had good return so far I am fine to extend it but I will take your points and look for some good fund.
It only means that the two funds will behave somewhat similarly, they are still very good for long term. Just understand that you are putting more in HDFC vs other funds. If you want that you could also just use one of them instead of two with higher amount - having both doesnt not help much in diversification.

I thought large cap is more volatile (more risk and very good return) than mid/small cap for long term. Please correct me, if i am wrong. I will look ICICI pru discovery fund.
Its just the opposite, You can use sites like value research, morningstar.in, fundsindia to get info. They have good regular articles too. They also have a list of recommended funds.

Your funds selection is fine, just try to understand what they are from above sites and then decide what you want. No need to tinker too much once your plan is set.

Here is some list of good funds that i use/will use.

jagankris

They are all good funds with good long term record.
HDFC Equity and HDFC 200 will have some overlap, you dont need both - pick one instead based on your criteria and realign allocation amount.

Canara Robeco Emerging Equities is more small cap oriented fund, so it can fall more in bear markets. Discovery may fall less but may also give less returns in fast bull markets as its more value oriented. But its record is as good as any, so over a market cycle its very good.

As an alternative/addition to Canara Robeco Emerging Equities also check UTI midcap. Its fund manager had managed Sundaram Select midcap in previous bull market where it did very well.

Anyway SIP to any of them for long term 5-10 years should give good returns. Just make sure you understand that midcap/smallcap oriented funds are much more volatile than Large cap oriented ones. Make sure you continue SIP in them when market falls.
IDFC PE/HDFC Midcap/ICICI Discovery are relatively less volatile than canara EE/ Uti midcap.
Please suggest some MF's which has given 25% returns YOY for the past 10 years ?

TracerBullet

Please suggest some MF's which has given 25% returns YOY for the past 10 years ?
Some midcap funds might approach it but probably wont. Why do you look at 25%. Instead i just check how they did vs benchmark and vs category. I already gave some sites to filter funds and list of some good funds

The returns will depend on when you see them, few years back equity returns looked pathetic for few years and now they look great. If we get sustained bull run, they would look better.

Anyway, if we see 5,7,10 year returns they will generally be reasonably above inflation.