Mistakes I made in the Flow Method

orderflow13

Re: hello............!

Thank you for your nice explanation alex.

If the 30m bars where like below how you look at the trades in the below 2 cases?

CASE 1:
30Min
Bar1: 2687/2676 [Will we need to consider this as a 30 min bar as its not 30 min( 9:55-10:00)?]
Bar2: 2685/2662 No longs/shorts
Bar3: 2666/2645 Short triggered. (2662-14=2648)
Bar4: 2683/2647 SAR hit and now long isn't it? (2666+7=2673)

CASE 2:
30Min
Bar1: 2687/2676
Bar2: 2685/2662 No longs/shorts
Bar3: 2666/2649 No longs/shorts
Bar4: 2683/2647 Long triggered, isn't it? (2666+7/14=2673/2680)

How you are looking at these two cases alex/others?

Hari.
yes both scenarios are correct, except 2662 ( which is 2676 - 14 = 2662 ) order didnt get fill , otherwise no confusion at all.
p.s. yes first 5 min bar is always consider as 30 min bar n also 60 min bar. ( there is lot of debate on this but who cares, we only care our methods r as less noisy n simply as we could manage it, as differentiating first 5 min bar on diff market condition comes with experience and would confuse new comers , so i avoid this topic )

Last edited:

pleaseharsh

hari...thanx for the reply...
but frankly speaking need to come up with several such scenerios to clear myself....
actually (now taking into consideration hod,eod,pivots) ..my sar for
short would be hod+7 & for long 2580-7 ...that 's the way i would have wrongly traded...

regards...

TFL

hari...thanx for the reply...
but frankly speaking need to come up with several such scenerios to clear myself....
actually (now taking into consideration hod,eod,pivots) ..my sar for
short would be hod+7 & for long 2580-7 ...that 's the way i would have wrongly traded...

regards...
We never consider HOD and LOD in Mini-Flow System. Those HOD , LOD terms used when our pivots/bar highs/lows were same as HOD/LOD.

Discussing such artificially created scenarios with charts are good for learning...

Also we need to study historical charts of each day...will get a lot of strange scenarios.

Best wishes,
Hari.

Re: hello............!

alex or anyone who has completely understand moving filter & sar...
i have mention one of the scenerio with levels..can u pls explain put
how we will be moving filters(assume filter is 14) & sar & move 1,move 2 ?..just bar by bar simulation (dont worry abt pivots and all)

[/URL][/IMG]
harsh,

please go through the following pages in the mini flow thread. Your doubts will be cleared.
these are posts are on live situation of 20th November.

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading-stocks/24071-going-intraday-mini-flow-post253457.html#post253457

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading-stocks/24071-going-intraday-mini-flow-826.html

if you still want the bar by entry points I will provide you.

orderflow13

My today's Mistake
Well its happen to be Monday again ( which always dupes me ).During bar formation from open to 1 noon, i was waiting for entry to trigger as per mini flow methods and revised filters, & at 2.30 pm i found myself sleeping in chair, funny but true, first time ever happened with me. So I lost the big opportunity to trade short and earn straight forward profits.Usually i place my stop orders but today laziness overpowered.

My today's Mistake
Well its happen to be Monday again ( which always dupes me ).During bar formation from open to 1 noon, i was waiting for entry to trigger as per mini flow methods and revised filters, & at 2.30 pm i found myself sleeping in chair, funny but true, first time ever happened with me. So I lost the big opportunity to trade short and earn straight forward profits.Usually i place my stop orders but today laziness overpowered.

alexa...me too...but not slept...due to frustation for 3 hours...i closed my system and went out....
better gain next time...

vijayakumar

dumdum20008

hi alex,
nice thread, it interest me to learn 30min flow method,
im not lazy to search but the two threads are very giant in size, to extract useful info ( however some initial posts have read ) from inbetween inputs by various members. Can you please save my time by posting some postlinks that may accelerate my learning towards miniflow ground method?
If not possible then i had to dig and eat:p
sorry if im misunderstood.

orderflow13

hi alex,
im not lazy to search but the two threads are very giant in size, to extract useful info ( however some initial posts have read ) from inbetween inputs by various members. Can you please save my time by posting some postlinks that may accelerate my learning towards miniflow ground method?
:) good to see you here,
for 60 min flow use this link http://www.traderji.com/equities/24457-companion-guide-saints-60-minutes-flow.html

for 30 min intraday mini flow use this link http://www.traderji.com/day-trading-stocks/25065-library-intraday-mini-flow.html

stay hungry :D

pkamalesh

hi alex,
Dumdum bhai...try out the compilation of he 30 min and 60 min flow ...its right there ....also our seniors are compiling all the important points into a thread....i think it will be complete soon...they are really doin a great job man...

dumdum20008

My god , alex , those two threads are killing-good, i cant sleep tonight,
thanx once again u saved my much time.:)
(BTW why Czar's thread is drying up ??? :(i dont surf much, are thread members active in some other thread?)