Millionaire or Bust

lasty66

Not trading for last two days... I am working on a new strategy that's shaping up very well.

I will starting trading with the same from tomorrow. Will post details later on, if successful.
Pls tell us about ur new strategy... what indicators u use? timeframes? etc

atulaw

Pls tell us about ur new strategy... what indicators u use? timeframes? etc
Its actually a combination of various strategies. Actually even a filtered adx strategy really. I just buy when adx line is above 25 (strong trending market) and aroon indicator is 90+ in any direction, with 20mins time frame.

There are definitely better strategies around. I am just playing around with different ideas, and change/modify things on the fly.

atulaw

I had posted this in other thread.

[ Need to break 5060 with decent volume to confirm bear trend.

Point to note is that today volume was comparatively low. In fact volumes are going low from last 4 days. Market is very indecisive.
Those who believe in operators/smart money... this might mean they are slow booking their profits on long or already have done so. Which means strong bear trend coming now.
Is my interpretation correct?

I am holding onto my 4900put. ]

atulaw

Code:
Symbol       	Buy Avg.     	Sell Avg.
SUZLON      	81.9            82.75
Also my put option is looking good :)
Still holding it. I am quite bearish at the moment.

atulaw

After through reviewing my system/s, I have finally stopped relying on indicators alone. Infact I traded today without looking at any indicator at all.. Even though it was only one trade today. As a matter-of-factly, I took a VERY big risk today by executing my short order, putting a buy order at 81.90 for suz and staying away from terminal until 2:45pm. No stop loss. o_O

This is something I dont plan on doing ever again.

Thankfully still in the game and no bust yet.

I am trading price patterns now. I will keep adx indicator handy for confirmation, although 90% trade decision would be based on some price patters. Still under development.

atulaw

Code:
Scrip Name                   	Buy Avg.	Sell Avg.
IDEA CELLULAR LIMITED    	57.2          	57.35
NIFTY09DEC5100CE         	53.1          	55.1
NIFTY09DEC4900PE         	43.65        	46.83
Good day.

atulaw

Code:
Scrip Name                  	Buy Avg.	Sell Avg.
SUZLON ENERGY LIMITED    	81.4           	82.3
DLF LIMITED              	354            	355.65

Class

Cool!

Good that you're keeping up with the posts. Not many from the rest of us because there's not much we can interact with. But wanted to wish you with complements of the season and hope you have a great and Prosperous New Year for 2010!

Cheers,
Class.

atulaw

Thanks Class.

I think there will be more posts when I actually get to my million :D

Nonetheless, I will continue posting regardless of profit or loss more to keep a summary of win:loss for my reference if nothing else.

My new/current strategy is trading ONLY on price movements. I dont even look at any indicators at all. Should start tracking adx again. Also my profit target is 1%, although I reduce it if price movement is slow/sideways, as today.

atulaw

Code:
Scrip Name          	Buy Avg.	Sell Avg.
STATE BANK OF INDIA	2166.6      	2169.78
Hopefully got the break even... And I am out.