MF Investment

Mutual Funds weekly Technical Charts available on Sharekhan Trade Tiger. Can we use it for timing the entry or exit??
Don't trade in mutual funds...it is for long term hold,then only the compounding and tax benefits will work in our favour.

You can time the entry....I buy mutual funds whenever there is 400-500 points drop in Sensex.that is my way of SIP.It gives me price advantage over normal SIP.

Smart_trade

One more clarification I need...:p
To invest in MF do I need to contact any broker or I can directly deal it online.
No need to go through any broker...you can invest directly by registering on the site of the fund house.You can invest from your net banking account and do on line transaction.I do all my MF investments on line directly without any broker.If you do transaction till 3:00 pm,you get NAV of the same day...by 3:00 pm we have a fair idea of where the markets will close.

ST

No need to go through any broker...you can invest directly by registering on the site of the fund house.You can invest from your net banking account and do on line transaction.I do all my MF investments on line directly without any broker.If you do transaction till 3:00 pm,you get NAV of the same day...by 3:00 pm we have a fair idea of where the markets will close.

ST
Can you give us a detailed example or so ?

Suppose today you wanted to buy 10 units of xxxxx fund @yyy.yy Rs, how much will you pay totally? yyy0.yy Rs ? What are the transaction costs ?

Can you give us a detailed example or so ?

Suppose today you wanted to buy 10 units of xxxxx fund @yyy.yy Rs, how much will you pay totally? yyy0.yy Rs ? What are the transaction costs ?
The units you get will be decided by the NAV you get at the end of the day...Suppose I invest Rs 25000 in any mutual fund, I am already registered with that fund house with my KYC done.I just select the fund and pay the money...no transaction costs are involved....I get amount decided bu NAV those many units.

Once I have these funds in the folio,I just click on add and buy additional units worth whatever amount.

In some funds there is exit load of 1% if you exit within 1 year.After 1?year no entry and exit load.If you redeem after 1 yr then MF calculates your LT cap gains also....nothing is deducted at source...at resumption,fundhouse deducts STT and they deposit the money in our account in 3 days...

Very easy procedure....and very efficient.We can get our account statement any time...any period...

Smart_trade

But then one has to register with so many different fund houses ? Suppose one wants to invest Rs. 10000 in one fund each of Reliance, Bajaj, Sundaram, Birla Sun Life and GS, then one would need to register with each of those, even if buying directly from the bank ?

Is there any one stop shop for MF with no transaction overheads ?

Does one need a demat account for buying MF ?

Registration and KYC also done online.You have to upload your PAN Card and residence proof document scanned copies...then they call you up for verification and your folio is up and running in 3 days.

ST

But then one has to register with so many different fund houses ? Suppose one wants to invest Rs. 10000 in one fund each of Reliance, Bajaj, Sundaram, Birla Sun Life and GS, then one would need to register with each of those, even if buying directly from the bank ?

Is there any one stop shop for MF with no transaction overheads ?

Does one need a demat account for buying MF ?
There are some platforms like Zerodha,NJ investments etc where you can invest in multiple funds but you pay a brokerage if you go through them.But for direct investment without any brokerage, one has to register with different fund houses.

No need of Demat account...though one can get his units in Demat form also as an option.

Sir,
To do sip does one need to buy mf units every month/ on pre defined dates or can we decide in which month/ date i want to invest and leave some months depend on market. I hope my question is clear :)