MF Investment

I am new to investment market. I would like to invest in MF using SIP about 22000 INR per month. I am 29 years old and working professional. I would like to invest for 12-15+ years. I want funds for children's education and buying house. Request you to kindly let me know the MF's where I can invest?

Last edited:

travi

1) Large cap Diversified Equity schemes like Franklin India Frontline Equity Fund,Birla Sunlife Top 100 Fund,ICICI Value Discovery Fund,Birla Sunlife Long Term Advantage Fund,Franklin India Bluechip Fund,Motilal Oswal Focussed 25 Fund,ICICI Prudential Focussed Bluechip Equity Fund,Franklin India Prima Plus Fund ...
2) ELSS Funds like Reliance Taxsaver,Axis Long Term Equity Fund and Motilal Oswal Focussed Long Term Fund.
3) Midcap and Multicap Funds such as Franklin India Prima Fund,HDFC Midcap Fund,Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund, Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund
4) Debt Funds : HDFC High Interest Fund and Birla Sunlife Dynamic Bond Fund (low risk)
5) Liquid Funds: Liquid Bees(lowest risk)
6) Hybrid Equity : HDFC Childrens Gift Fund - Investment Plan
7) Hybrid Debt: HDFC Childrens Gift (Sav), UTI Childrens Career Balanced

Some of the funds recommended by ST sir.
6&7 added by me.

Reliance Growth Fund -growth is a flagship mid cap fund of Reliance mutual fund.It is the first fund in India to hit NAV of over 1000.

Rs 3000 pm SIP in this fund 21 years ago and if continued till date is worth Rs 1.4 Cr.....that is the magic of compounding at 24 % CAGR....

Many will say what will be the value of money after 21 years.But if the money grows at above the inflation rate,one beats the inflation atleast...and Rs 3000 was not a big amount 21 years ago and Rs 1.4 Crores is not a small amount even at today's prices....if our savings don't grow at substantially higher rate than inflation, then we will have financial problems....

As someone said " investing in equity and mutual funds is risky.....but not investing in it is more risky" .Think about it....

Smart_trade

ST Sir,

If one have invest 5000/- per month only, then would it be good idea to invest in multiple MF (2 to 3 depending on money) rather than only one MF.
I am very confused regarding selection of MF.

Please advice which one to chose. :)

ST Sir,

If one have invest 5000/- per month only, then would it be good idea to invest in multiple MF (2 to 3 depending on money) rather than only one MF.

Devide the amount 50 % in large cap equity fund and balance 50% in a Midcap fund.You can invest in Franklin Templeton Prima and Prima Plus funds....Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 fund is also doing well...Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 25 fund...HDFC Midcap opportunities fund,ICICI Value discovery fund also are a few good funds...

Smart_trade

Devide the amount 50 % in large cap equity fund and balance 50% in a Midcap fund.You can invest in Franklin Templeton Prima and Prima Plus funds....Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 fund is also doing well...Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 25 fund...HDFC Midcap opportunities fund,ICICI Value discovery fund also are a few good funds...

Smart_trade

Can I consider these funds for long term investments. Considering here 10 to 15 years as long term.

Can I consider these funds for long term investments. Considering here 10 to 15 years as long term.
Yes ,these are good funds for long term investments.

ST

travi

ST Sir,

Your budget wouldn't fit a lot of diversification each month so the following tips may help:

1. Since amount is small, go for pure equity based MF.

2. In terms of sectors, just divide as ST Sir, put 50% or so in Large cap and the rest in midcap (risk is higher here).
If u want more safety, do a 60-40 ratio but don't dilute midcaps more.

3. If u want protection against the MF house itself, diversify with month rotation.
ie. MF house A, B and C(C is over cautious :D:D).
So every month, buy large and small of Fund house A, next month in B and so on.
Ofc Large and midcap fund need not be from the same house.

Either way, u'll have around 4-6 MF in which u'll put ur money. That should be more than enough.