Meta Stock For Indian Markets

Members,

I am starting this new thread, with a view to get expert tips on manipulation of "META STOCK" in Indian Context from the learned members of this beautiful group.

(1)Free source for realtime and EOD data of NSE CASH, FUTURES and OPTIONS. I find generally other softwares do mention the name of yahoo as data provider but in Meta Stock there is no word for Yahoo. It is mentioning REUTERS. Here in our country yahoo is the prime source for getting such datas free. So members are requested to help "how the services of yahoo can be used as 'data vendor' in Meta Stock." Please provide the symbol list for NSE FUTURES and OPTIONS.

(2)How to set such acqired data in Meta Stock so that one can manipulate this great software fully in Indian context.

BASUDEO

Dear members,
please let me know does anybody uses metastock and its experience and back time tested. Is it reliable and really worth.
Does mutual fund and FIIS use them. Does it give entry , target, stop etc automatically. What abou big brokers such as icicidirect, sharekhan, motilal, kotak, karvy, indiabulls, capstocks etc. Please help me.
Regards,
Anil

I use metastock for EOD Indian Market. I download the EOD from NSE site, pre-process with a simple perl script and then import using the downloadder.

Do contact me for help on this.

-Andy

You can use the Downloader in Metastock for converting the data. You could download the bhavcopy from NSE, (.csv file). You will have to add a header line (you could get this info from help, I do not remember it right away, it is like, <SYMBOL>, <OPEN>, etc., as per data in .csv format. Use this file as source, and, the type as ASCII in downloader and you can store this info in metastock format. The interface is intutive and should not have any problems.

BTW, Metastock is a charting tool for TA, that allows you to have your own indicators apart from a no. of predefined indicators. There are also trading systems available. Stoploss, entry, exit, etc., will have to be defined only by you.

U

uasish

Dear members,
please let me know does anybody uses metastock and its experience and back time tested. Is it reliable and really worth.
Does mutual fund and FIIS use them. Does it give entry , target, stop etc automatically. What abou big brokers such as icicidirect, sharekhan, motilal, kotak, karvy, indiabulls, capstocks etc. Please help me.
Regards,
Anil
Anil,
Dont know any FII ,if you come to know from friend's friend what they use plz inform us.
Asish

Your source file containing the data should have the fields in the following order.

<ticker>, <per>, <date>, <time>, <open>, <high>, <low>, <close>, <vol>, <o/i>

Or, you can have a header line as above, which describe the fields in the next lines. When you have a header line, the order of the fields need not be maintained.

With the above source file, Open downloader, then Click Tools (in the menubar), and, click convert. The convert dialog box appears. Select Source file type as ASCII Text, Destination file as Metastock, and the other fileds are straightforward. And, then click, Ok, your data is converted to Metastock. The downloader help is quite detailed - Goto Help, The Downloader Help. Click index tab in the help window, type convert - and continue. There is a whole lot of material available, including the ASCII source file layout.