Maximum Brokerage Charges

rkkarnani

hi

The maximum brok.charges allowed by sebi is 2.5%. no broker can charge more than this.
but this does not make sense in today's scenario as all the brokers are charging much less than this

regards
Anurag, This is true that the maximum brokerage is prescribed at 2.5%, but are you aware if there is a minimum brokerage prescribed by the authorities? The question will seem to be funny, but in the context of Penny Stocks... say for example Sanraa media is quoting at Paie 21 only, broker charges 0.05 paise as minimum brokerage, which is far beyond the 2.5% slab allowed.
ICICI Direct charges Rs.25.00 per Trade or 2.5% which ever is lower :
http://content.icicidirect.com/mailimages/Variable_Brokerage_Structure.htm

Any idea if SEBI / NSE / BSE have any minimum threshold for brokerage charges?
Thanks.

anuragmunjal

Anurag, This is true that the maximum brokerage is prescribed at 2.5%, but are you aware if there is a minimum brokerage prescribed by the authorities? The question will seem to be funny, but in the context of Penny Stocks... say for example Sanraa media is quoting at Paie 21 only, broker charges 0.05 paise as minimum brokerage, which is far beyond the 2.5% slab allowed.

Thanks.
hi rkkarnani

never heard of any minimum threshhold for brokerage by sebi/nse. it is broker specific and different brokers charge diff. 'minimum brokerage'.............. as per the sebi guidelines there is only a cap of 2.5% on the maximum brokerage that a broker can charge. frankly I have never trded in penny stocks, hence do not have a first hand experience of this.

regards

hi rkkarnani

never heard of any minimum threshhold for brokerage by sebi/nse. it is broker specific and different brokers charge diff. 'minimum brokerage'.............. as per the sebi guidelines there is only a cap of 2.5% on the maximum brokerage that a broker can charge. frankly I have never trded in penny stocks, hence do not have a first hand experience of this.

regards

I have come across various instances of maximum brokerage cap of 2.5% being crossed by various Brokers particularly in terms of Penny Stocks, Trade to Trade Stocks. Brokers should not charger 0.05 paise per share because penny stock this amount can be more than 2.5%

Transaction Charges

Hi Anurag,

I have a few queries, in the individual b2b kyc form of angel broking, page#8, it is mentioned deliveries/debit transaction within angel Rs.11/ISIN and outside angel Rs.21/ISIN. i have gone through your answer but would like to know, how is this charge calculated. On what is this charge calculated. Could you please explain in details by giving an example. Is it a script charge or is it payable for every transaction that i make. Another query that i had is, the 2.5% maximum brokerage charge is on both leg or single leg.

Sharekhan charged me brokerage @10% .on FCS

Rs 2500 brokerage on Rs 25000 share traded

FCS 1.10 X 24900 shares.

and on 2nd day they square off my position and charged me 2500 more as brokerage so brokerage rate cost me more than 20 percent.

These is sharekhan minimum brokerage is 10 paisa per share though you buy share of any amount

Thanks.

I purchased FCS 25000 share @ 1.10 sharekhan charged me Rs 2500 as brokerage for buying and 2500 for selling as brokerage.

Sharekhan minimum brokerage per script is .10 paisa which cost to me above 10%. So now They are saying as per NSE byelaw maximum brokerage is 2.5% or .25 paisa per share whichever is higher.

They have sended me the letter I have a proof.

If you want i can mial it to you .

my no 9854085582

hi stocksplacement

yes legally they can charge different rates for penny stocks till the time they do not cross the maximum 2.5% limit.

regards

Anurag

Here is table of brokerage charges in India
HDFC Securities
brokerage charges
0.50%
0.15%

UTI Securities
brokerage charges
0.80%
0.15%

Religare