marketdataprovider

L

learn2trade08

dear trader,
thanks for taking time and helping me out,....I infact have tried many data providers(some dont give backfill/some no futures data).just was curious if there were some other providers whom i was unaware of like darsh mentioned the likes of stoxtrend,charts2trade of whom i was unaware of.
sincerely appreciate your time sir.
of the ones i tried i prefer TDI but unfortunately they dont have futures data and now that we have a positive feedback wrt mdp.

Hi,

No i didnt find such a problem.On the contary i find the speed excellent as i use a laptop to trade and run market data provider software on desktop i can compare it with my trading terminal.I Had once problem when i was using a pirated copy of zone alarm and then it used to stop the software every now and then.But then i removed it and now i dont have any problem.

But why are u wasting time trying to search in forums for right data provider??
EVERY provider gives demo. take demo from ALL providers and choose ur provider.

Long back when i was new to the market i went to forums and found esignal was best. like a fool i went and bought the whole deal. and then many a times with 1 mBps connection i sit and wait and the backfill doesnt come when i change. then i restart and it comes. so different people have different expreinces.yes

I would recommend u take demo of ALL providers(even esignal gves for 87 usd 30 days demo. if u cancel within 30 days u get oly 2 usd deduction)
everybody gives 1- 5 days min demo so use that and take ur decision wrt support ,user freindliness,speed and cost.

regards

D

darsh_goswami

dear trader,
thanks for taking time and helping me out,....I infact have tried many data providers(some dont give backfill/some no futures data).just was curious if there were some other providers whom i was unaware of like darsh mentioned the likes of stoxtrend,charts2trade of whom i was unaware of.
sincerely appreciate your time sir.
of the ones i tried i prefer TDI but unfortunately they dont have futures data and now that we have a positive feedback wrt mdp.
Dear learn2trade,
Even i tried TDI, as i wanted to try amibroker in RT mode. But i couldnt get what i want from Amibroker.

Next , i might agree with trader1010 about esignal. But it also depends on the TA software ur using. If there is some bug with esignal plugin in Amibroker, then esignal cant help much, as per my best knowledge pro traders whom i know , dont use Amibroker/Metastock much. The people i know using esignal feed , they didnt find much problems. They recommended me the same for the software i use.

The other thing is totally depends on the software ur using. Like there are only few data providers in india provides data in Global Server Format for Tradestation. Even most of the cheap data providers , dont provide data on online mode for metastock even. They also use MS offline mode, n use ASC2MS.EXE to convert data and send keys to refresh data ;). With Amibroker too there it might be same ( as i dont know A of Amibroker cant say much).

So , i would suggest rather then shifting from one to another on trial base. Stick to one fine person as per ur convinience. It would be sad if a pro trader cant spend 5k a month for a quality datafeed.
Regards,
Darsh

oilman5

since u reqd data............an imp resource is chartgurueod from albatrossoft from calcutta.........they charge 5000p a/ ok in india with global index , future 1hr data, p/e and vi and yield of index.........a total for indian market+ commodity
contact 09330331112.......2week demo
..................for eod they r very good , also they sell market live with highcharge and omnitrader in india........atleast i know them last 6yr

VJAY

Hai friends,
I am using Fibo as free now.Can I get any dataproviders for intraday data for fibo.If it is availabale please give the details.

Regards
VJAY

My experience with Market Data Providers was neither that great nor bad.

Pros:
1. Cheap
2. Covers almost all securities
3. No hush push easy to go application

Cons
1. Would download RT data for only one chart at a time, the chart which is open at MetaStock at that point of time.
2. Strange problems during the day like "File Locked by Some Other User".etc.etc
3. Everytime you would have to change your regional setting to English UK from English US which is what most of us have setup initially. Their application supports only English UK settings. So if you have any other provider for EOD (like I had) it would create a mess as I had to change these setting every single day, even google search would show google uk as your default page and so on....
4. I somehow just dont like the idea of using this application as it has no interface, the backfills are slow, no indicator for backfill, stops during the day at times, backfills are sometimes skipped altogether.

I would say all and all, if you are a person who want to run real time scans and all, this one is bad because data for only one instrument is downloaded at a time. If you are a NIFTY trader or a particular stock trader and are starting off, give them a try probably worth the initial little investment you have to make.

My two cents :)

dear trader,
a fellow boarder here on the board mentioned to me that market data provider,the data stops like every now and then..thats the reason i was checking with others,do u have any such issues?
thanks
Dear learn2trade08 and others,

I am facing certain issues with my MDP. If someone has faced similar issues and has found a solution please let me know. The MDP support claims that this is Amibroker problem and not theirs and refused to do anything about it. They quoted their disclaimer, which I've mentioned below.

I am using Amibroker 5.20 professional.

The volume that my Amibroker shows is different during market hours and after market hours when I use MDP. I use the standard Volume AFL that comes with Amibroker.

I have attached screen shots for details about my problem here:

http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/29140-market-data-provider-cautious.html#post324315

Please help.

P.S.
MDP disclaimer:
Disclaimer: All Rights Reserved On This Private Test Website Undergoing Simulation. NSE, BSE, MCX, Yahoo, AMIBROKER & METASTOCK and All Other Registered Logos/ Companies / Organizations are Acknowledged Of Being Their Own Independent Identities Without Having Any Connection Whatsoever to us. No Claim made for the Accuracy Of Content, Data or Service. Speed Of Data Feed is Dependent On Many Conditions including Broadband speed, System Performance and Network Conditions. Products Contained May Include Data Available Freely On Net. RT/Real Time Data Is Only Product Name. Data Provided For Educational Purposes Only And Not For Actual Trading. Any Unauthorised Payment Made Shall Be Passed On To Charity.

Last edited: