Market Magazines?

Aman1

RSI,
how can I subscribe to dsj . Can you post the address or a link to their site and also what is the mode of payment for subscription. I donot use credit card online.
thanks

RSI

RSI,
how can I subscribe to dsj . Can you post the address or a link to their site and also what is the mode of payment for subscription. I donot use credit card online.
thanks
Their web address is
wwwdotdalalstreetjournaldotcom

As actual web address posting is not permitted in this forum, I have given it in that fashion. You substitute the word dot in to actual .

Their editiorial/subscription/circulation office is situated at

Ramdeo Media Pvt. Limited
Motlibai Wadia Building
104-A, 1st Floor
22 D. S. A. Brelvi Road, Fort
Mumbai - 1

Telephone numbers are 022 - 22820787 and 022-66369457/58/59
Fax: 022-22833063

Hope this helps
Regards
R. S. Iyer

RSI

For subscription, you can send D. D. drawn in the name of Ramdeo Media Pvt. Limited, payable at Mumbai. Credit cards of Visa, Mastercard, American Express are also accepted. If you are issuing outstation cheque, then you will have to add Rs. 25/- extra to the subscription charges.

I too have subscription of DSJ mainly because of their databank. Since last about one month it has been enhanced to include almost 95% of companies traded on BSE and NSE. But their customer relation needs much more improvement. For example, I receive my copy of DSJ, well almost 25 days after its publication. I have complained to them on various ocassion about it. But it is of no use. My another friend also has same problem. He follows their recommendations. You can imagine his agony if he receives the magazine after 25 days of its publication. He has subscription to flash news also. There also same situation. None of us were able to figure out where the delay is happening. But my friend requested them several times to provide their recommendations on mobile phone. They have published and advertised that they will be providing their recommendations to their print magazine subscribers on mobile free of cost. But all requests of my friend has fallen on deaf ears. He is not bothered about data bank etc. Since he is not getting recommendations on time, he feels that it is useless for him and he has decided not to renew his subscription next time. Well that is his view depending upon his need. If anyone from DSJ is reading this thread please please note that your services towards customers needs far far more improvement. You need to understand that it is your duty to give atleast a reply to your customers. Realise it before it is too late. I am sorry to post this here in this forum. I am constrained to do this as direct contact with you through emails, letters and telephone calls are just waste of time, money and energy.
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer
I think I might have someone in DSJ Mgmt who can possibly look into this ..... but then again its something you are bound to face with any magazine vendor whose subscription you have bought. I used to face this same scenario with Reader's Digest

It just turns out that these guys have poor logistics and distribution systems.

RSI

I think I might have someone in DSJ Mgmt who can possibly look into this ..... but then again its something you are bound to face with any magazine vendor whose subscription you have bought. I used to face this same scenario with Reader's Digest

It just turns out that these guys have poor logistics and distribution systems.
I agree with what you are saying. No one can control the postal delays. As I am relying mainly on databank, I can tolerate a few days delay. But think about my close friend. He has subscribed for their tips. If there was no other alternative, he too would have put up with it blaming his fate. But here there are alternatives to satisfy his need, i.e. SMS, web access etc. They should have provided that to my friend. Not even bothering to reply to some one's genuine complaint is unpardonable, that too after pocketing his hard earned money by way of subscription fees. Earning should be for both, to the magazine as well as to its subscriber. In this case, it is one sided.

I agree with what you are saying. No one can control the postal delays. As I am relying mainly on databank, I can tolerate a few days delay. But think about my close friend. He has subscribed for their tips. If there was no other alternative, he too would have put up with it blaming his fate. But here there are alternatives to satisfy his need, i.e. SMS, web access etc. They should have provided that to my friend. Not even bothering to reply to some one's genuine complaint is unpardonable, that too after pocketing his hard earned money by way of subscription fees. Earning should be for both, to the magazine as well as to its subscriber. In this case, it is one sided.
That indeed is sad! I can't say much for it except that your friend may have to speak to their top bosses (someone from a managerial cadre) and threaten legal action through means of a consumer court or something. Has he taken recourse to something of this sort?

RSI

Litigation is the last, desperate option. My friend may not waste his time in running behind courts and litigations. He can and he will make much more money if he avoids the tension and wastage of money, time and energy behind litigation. As I said, he will not renew his subscription next time and he has got friendship with many many traders (lot more than me). Instead of litigation, he will give bad opinion about DSJ's services. That will damage DSJ much much more than litigation. He is a shrewd businessman. He knows how to make money and how to help others to make money. If he gets services, prompt and correct, he will respond to it much much beyond the imagination or expectation of the person who has provided him help. That is his nature. I love him, respect him for this.

There is now a online version which is live on Friday (2 days before it hits stands), the Databank is now in excel and pdf format for subscribers.