Margins in F&O

Discussion in 'Futures' started by yara, Nov 20, 2006.

1. yara

yara Member

From where one can get details on above as sometime our experence tells that this varies between broker to broker in some case.Would appreciate if one can help with the link for exact margins needed for all F&O securities thanks.

2. Govindaraj

Govindaraj New Member

try searching in nse website.due to higher volataility margins differ day by day

govindaraj

3. yara

yara Member

yes and that was the reason why I posted this query here dear Govindraj,I have already searched nse site but could not find info,thanks anyway for your kind reply.

4. ivanboesky

ivanboesky Active Member

The NSE releases the data in a format that can be read by the SPAN software... you wont get the actual figures on the NSE website.

5. yara

yara Member

Thanks agian for reply unfortunatly I came across a link few days back which daily updates margin but somehow could not able to add in my fav folder,then I deleted all my history in weekend so lost it.:p

6. sharantaka

sharantaka Member

hellow Yara,
    I know the content of this cannot be a reply to your post to start with. I am writing to you because I want to post similar subject relating margins in future trading in this thread, but i don't know how to do it, I just don't seem to find any way to write a new post in this thread.
    Can u please guide me in this matter?
    thanking you,
    sharantaka

7. Govindaraj

Govindaraj New Member

hello yara
    if have an account with a broker why cant you disscus with them?because
    they will be maintaining a database for margins.

here i would like to recommend a small software named restoration.it recovers
    your deleted files form 65% to 80%.though you are not cleared, this small tool will help you out.
    i cant give you any link for download.try searching in websites.dont forget to give a feedback if you have recovered your history files.

govindaraj

8. yara

yara Member

Dear Govindraj when I wash my p.c with professional utility is hard to retrace them as I wash it completely to avoid any junk in my p.c hence such utility will surely not able to trace the lost files specially cookies and history files visited in my browser,thanks once again for chipping in.

9. ushainvestments

ushainvestments New Member

10. soody

soody Member

Anybody aware of any broker not blocking any margin for a debit spread position in options. i.e . U buy an itm /atm option and sell an atm/otm option respectively. The broker could block the margin only in case u sqare off the option bought by u initially.