Marcus's collected quotes

Can this be of any significance in understanding Stock Market ?? There seems to be a hidden wisdom in it probably - apart from humour !

If anyone has difficulty understanding the current world financial situation, the following should help.... Once upon a time in a village in India, a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10. The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. The man further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now act as buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: 'Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when he returns from the city, you can sell them back to him for $50.'

The villagers squeezed together their savings and bought all the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man or his assistant again, only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to WALL STREET.

U

uasish

Can this be of any significance in understanding Stock Market ?? There seems to be a hidden wisdom in it probably - apart from humour !

If anyone has difficulty understanding the current world financial situation, the following should help.... Once upon a time in a village in India, a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10. The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. The man further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now act as buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: 'Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when he returns from the city, you can sell them back to him for $50.'

Welcome to WALL STREET.
Atleast you are holding Monkeys,i have all dead fish in holding stinking.:D

Welcome to WALL STREET.

OMG...I was reading and almost bursting into tears...lol...really funny :D

N

Niks

When you tend to be lethargic/depressed:

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." --Lance Armstrong

N

Niks

for trading goals or any goals

"Pick challenges big enough to matter,
Small enough to win."

Jonathan Kozol

Intelligence is a necessary but not sufficient condition (logically speaking). BTW Trader Vic is history - busted by the market - so I guess there will be no Trader Vic III. But his book was a good influence when I read it many years back.

regards

M
Is it true? Trader Vic busted??? When? I don't know, if you have any information please provide the link. Seems interesting.

D

darkstar

marcus,

one of the dilemma, i always faced is, when to take a loss, 7% loss on trade or 1% equity, there are many positions with have gone to -15% then returned to profits, so my observation, if a company is very strong like infosys, wipro , reliance etc and if it is in a primary uptrend, is it not a good idea to hold even if it goes -2% of equity and to let it come back up ? any thoughts ?
friend u tried this philosophy, strategy at till date !. one point i am also thinking the same but now i change my strategy now if position goes down 90 % i square off my position on 1.25 % loss. and fresh entry or it quite possible i buy another stock . please tell me what u think i really wanna u r feedback

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D General Chit Chat 57