loosing streak....!!

saivenkat

i have been trading for 3 years+, The first year was like a absolute vain losing thrice and wining once or the wining ratio much lower always kept on blaming some or the other like electricity problems , internet problems and i had to go out..I just bluffed myself so that i feel good never see the debit messages early morning but boast a lot of the credit messages.. Days kept on going like this many times i blow my account. Then i met a guy who taught me the first how to identify trends at least . I had no idea what i was doing before :D
After a while i started trading on the day bar , things started to improve ...I started to feel heroic and started taking wild risks and then i started catching fishes , my hands burnt there too due to greed ..I hardly payed any attention to the money management when things got good i used all my money without any planning ....I got handsome returns within the month...My portfolio zoomed up like a spike , i kept on going like this and so the spike inverted , all in vain again blew my account :D
Again felt disappointing that what is the problem , cant find although....
But then i solved some good money management rules for myself..my limits and permitted instruments that i should touch....then the third year had some other surprises for me still left , Initially Things again went good for some days but then i went through a draw down , seems this year i have constitutive losses in a row i haven't faced any winning trade from a long time....I am here and don't know whether i have forgotten how to trade or what the problem is ..! how many surprises are still left....
From What you have said.. When i put things Straight.. though it may sound a bit harsh.. " It seems that you lack Proper Discipline in your Approach"...
Nothing Wrong in Strategies.. Whatever strategy one may adopt.. Adherence to " Self made Rules is a must".

trump

Why should yu call me an outlier.. Did i do any harm to you..? :confused::confused:
Nopes, dear, nothing like that, just thought that any streaks are outliers ( the tails of Guassian curve), in trading those tails are actually fat.No pun or harm intended.I retract my comment incase you felt bad, and carry on.All the best.
Sorry to disturb the flow of the thread.;)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
i have been trading for 3 years+, The first year was like a absolute vain losing thrice and wining once or the wining ratio much lower always kept on blaming some or the other like electricity problems , internet problems and i had to go out..I just bluffed myself so that i feel good never see the debit messages early morning but boast a lot of the credit messages.. Days kept on going like this many times i blow my account. Then i met a guy who taught me the first how to identify trends at least . I had no idea what i was doing before :D
After a while i started trading on the day bar , things started to improve ...I started to feel heroic and started taking wild risks and then i started catching fishes , my hands burnt there too due to greed ..I hardly payed any attention to the money management when things got good i used all my money without any planning ....I got handsome returns within the month...My portfolio zoomed up like a spike , i kept on going like this and so the spike inverted , all in vain again blew my account :D
Again felt disappointing that what is the problem , cant find although....
But then i solved some good money management rules for myself..my limits and permitted instruments that i should touch....then the third year had some other surprises for me still left , Initially Things again went good for some days but then i went through a draw down , seems this year i have constitutive losses in a row i haven't faced any winning trade from a long time....I am here and don't know whether i have forgotten how to trade or what the problem is ..! how many surprises are still left....
most of the traders are like this initially , but very few cross the hurdle to become winners.................:eek:

Mr.G

Hey dude, your I'd mein lower kind spelling is spelled as looser,which means khulla hua, not haara hua. Wassup ravi?!

what i am not able to deal is the emotional things , i know i m wrong then also i am doing....
But the good thing i am doing is that i am confessing unlike the others....
A trader always hides his negative part...:(:(