LONE WOLF's Trading Diary

LoneWolf

Date : 03 Jan 2017

A range bound session in 3 of my tracked stocks. SOH day, No trade opportunity.

In AXISBANK I was looking for LONG near the rising intermediate uptrend line. But minor sideways prevailed for the day and did not get any LONG opportunity.

SBIN was range bound inside previous session. No trade here.

TATASTEEL broke the rising intermediate uptrend line, I was looking to SHORT below PDL. But did not get any SHORT opportunity.

VEDL short setup was similar to TATASTEEL. But I failed to execute this setup. Was little hesitant to pull the trigger. and missed the SHORT.

LoneWolf

Date : 9 Jan 2017

An extreme range bound day ysterday. All my 4 stocks were in complete horizontal trading range and I did not get any trade opportunity except one scratch trade in AXISBANK where I lost 0.25R. Has nothing to show on chart.

lets see what the market has in store for today's trading session.

LoneWolf

Date : 10 Jan 2016

Yesterday I had this SHORT order ready on AXISBANK, but short did not trigger on slippgae and I missed the fall. After 9:45 I had to leave terminal for some personal work. So no trade yesterday.

Net P/L for the month stays at -2R
Need to pull things together as already 1/3rd of the month has passed.

LoneWolf

Date : 11 Jan 2017

Just one trade yesterday. SBIN, broke out above 3 days high and gave a strong uptrend.

I failed to add to this LONG trade, need to improve on my trade management skill a lot. :|

Net P/L for the day = 2R
Recovered the loss from 1st week..

LoneWolf

Date : 12 Jan 2017

Two trades today. Metal stocks, TATASTEEL and VEDL both gave a similar setup, which was pretty easy to trade.

Since these trades were from minor sideways range, has taken only 0.5R as trade risk on each trades. Net P/L for the day 1.6R.

Net P/L for the month = +1.6R

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I faced the same some 6 months back, and decided to leave NIFTY for good.. There could be some days which are good for intraday but for regular intraday trader/earner there could be better options than trading NIFTY, IMO. I shifted to Equity and from my observation They give ateast 1 trend (home run) in a week, and 2 more trade-able days with 2 range days in one week. But higher STT is a worry here, but if one is consistently profitable then i dont think STT will be an issue..
why you shifted from stock futures to equity ? any particular reason.

LoneWolf

hi,did u face ny slippage trding ts,tm,vedl,sbin if qntity abv 500 shares?
I have traded qty upto 2K in these stocks, slippage is very rare. Talking of one recent incident on 10th of jan during AXISBANK freak trade my short order did not get executed, But they are rare scenarios. Mostly these stocks have good liquidity

LoneWolf

why you shifted from stock futures to equity ? any particular reason.
MM and RM is the only reason. First of all after the increase in lot size for many stocks by NSE it requires huge capital to trade on strict MM with multiple legs on. Second, with equity I have the flexibility of increasing/reducing position size based upon the trade setup and market structure.