Living a Trader's Life - Dave's Diary

Hey this is Dave,

I am gonna keep a journal of my trading picks here from next week, My trading will be mostly swing trades, with day trading in Nifty options. I have been backtesting my trading sytem for last 4 months, and now its gonna be a live test for me and for my system as well..

Yo.. i am gonna live a trader's life from now on :clap::clap::cool:

Hey this is Dave,

I am gonna keep a journal of my trading picks here from next week, My trading will be mostly swing trades, with day trading in Nifty options. I have been backtesting my trading sytem for last 4 months, and now its gonna be a live test for me and for my system as well..

Good luck :thumb:

Hey this is Dave,

Best wishes for happy trading and successful trading career.

Smart_trade

DanPickUp

Hey this is Dave,

Hi

Four months of back testing is not really a great work and nothing to be cool of. :cool:

Seems you did or do not have more sufficient data for what you try to do, or what was the reason to only back test what ever simple stuff you try to prove only for four months?

Noting personal. But coming up with a strategy with a back testing period of four months is a bit very thin and in no way any thing to bluff of with.

Even than: Wish you a good start with your PAPER TRADES as you hopefully be enough intelligent to not spent any real money for such what ever what you want to prove with a back testing of four months.

If you do it with real money on that level, your choice and your money. Request every body to not even to think about to take any of what will be posted. Let us been shown the quality of the trades and let's wait until the curve goes constantly up. That can take four months and more. So patient is asked.

Good luck / have a good start / Good trades / DanPickUp

Hi

Four months of back testing is not really a great work and nothing to be cool of. :cool:

Seems you did or do not have more sufficient data for what you try to do, or what was the reason to only back test what ever simple stuff you try to prove only for four months?

Well Dan, its my fault may be for i did not write that correctly, i was backtesting my system live since 4 months, before starting live testing i had checked it with past 2 year's historical data. After 4 month's live testing, i felt it is time to take real trade on them.

Noting personal. But coming up with a strategy with a back testing period of four months is a bit very thin and in no way any thing to bluff of with.

Even than: Wish you a good start with your PAPER TRADES as you hopefully be enough intelligent to not spent any real money for such what ever what you want to prove with a back testing of four months.

well I am not trying to bluff anyone here, i am just trying to put my trades and to maintain a diary, and i am going to do this after being thoroughly convinced with my system after 4 months of live testing. And yes, i will be trading with my real money. :)

If you do it with real money on that level, your choice and your money. Request every body to not even to think about to take any of what will be posted. Let us been shown the quality of the trades and let's wait until the curve goes constantly up. That can take four months and more. So patient is asked.

I am not going to proove here anything, just going to keep my trades in a diary. :) I guess people here are wise enough to take this decision to follow my trades or not. And yes time will tell only how much this system will help me in making money, and i am also excited to check this..

Good luck / have a good start / Good trades / DanPickUp
Thanks Dan for your concern.. :)

DanPickUp

Thanks Dan for your concern.. :)
Well, I am happy to see your post, specially the way you did it.

Sure an improve to what you posted in your first post, as it gives some more clarity to what you seem to have be done in the past.

Thanks to post it and after that post you got a: Good start from my side too. :):thumb:;)

Take care and many good trades / DanPickUp

Taiki

Welcome back Dave, Good luck :)