List of Trading System / Methods

V

vvvv

Vikram,

In a public Forum it is difficult to impose rules.We have made a pdf of 'Saint's Thread' / 'Karthik's Thread' by deleting the irrelevant posts.Your difficulties is understandable.However ,appreciation is always desireable.

Asish
welcome back sir..hope ur health is better thn before.
i had only made a suggestion..rest is for others to decide wht is best..thnks to skorpio & rkk for deleting their irrevlevant posts.ive done th same too.
i do very much appreciate wht seniors do for this forum..thank u all.

SGM

Hello

Just wish we had so much discussion going on about the content, about what else can be included here or how to better organize or any other way to improve etc..

What I can do is, edit the first post to include an index with links to the various methods listed here, so all of us can freely keep posting without any need to delete anything.

Anyway thanks for all the friends who took the time to write a post on this thread, and thanks for all the friends who took time to delete their posts and also thanks for all the friends who had an unstopable urge to make new posts about the deleted posts.

For me a new post is a sure way to bump up the thread and make it available to a larger section of members, so plz keep them coming.

:) Cheers :)
-- Sanjay --

gkpc

welcome back sir..hope ur health is better thn before.
i had only made a suggestion..rest is for others to decide wht is best..thnks to skorpio & rkk for deleting their irrevlevant posts.ive done th same too.
i do very much appreciate wht seniors do for this forum..thank u all.
Sir, I am too small to fit here, but what have u done sir!!!! U hv Posted an irrelevant post and thanking RKK and Skorpio for deleting theres....
I'll be deleting it after some time.
Pls dont mind!!!
Regards
gkpc

SGM

Continuing the copy / paste activity ...

Method 05: NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading by Vinod Nadoda

I am successfully following my own trend following mechanical trading system for NIFTY futures which i would like to share with you all.

I will be posting daily two levels i.e. support & resistance for nifty futures alongwith my current position.

These support & resistance are short term trend reversal points and not daily support & resistance levels though it has also worked very well in so many ocassions.

If we are in a long trade and if nifty trades below support for 2-3 minutes, we will exit LONG & go SHORT with SL as resistance. Incase of SHORT positions, we will look for market to trade above resistance to exit SHORT & go LONG.

So we are simply continuously will be in trade at any point of time either LONG or SHORT. there is no need to book profit as it will be taken care by these level it self. We will capture major part of short term trend in both ways i.e. up as well as down.

Whenever market trades rangebound, than we may have some series of small losses as trend following system will fail in rangebound market. So i request you all initially just watch the levels before putting actual money into trade. I request you to simply paper trade and keep records in excel sheet for atleast two months & once you confident enough, you can trade.

those who are new to futures trading, i think this will be the right place to learn trading futures in more disciplined way. every time you take any positions, you know what will be your exact loss if it goes against you so your emotions, fear etc will be removed.

SGM

rhimadri presented a method for Trading using CCI at Kolkata Meet, will look for more material on it and post links / quotes here

meanwhile here's Himadri's presentation at kolkata meet uploaded by Sunando

www.rapid share.com/files/108945729/2.HIMADRI.flv.html

Last edited:

SGM

And then there are some of us who enjoy trading the 60min chart.Very simple stuff,not easy,but simple...........If you have the mindset to need to catch tops and bottoms so that you can sleep better at nights,or boast to your golfing buddies,then this ain't for you,my friend......the 60min trader cares two hoots in finding tops and bottoms.If you are the type that looks at P/L and gets fidgety as profits rise and have this urgent need to book them all,then this thread ain't gonna help you as well.If you have a mind that is rational,logical,analytical.........probably this thread would be of yawn stuff.........This thread is for the simpleton who goes long in an uptrend in the 60 and goes short in a dntrend on the 60......no great reasoning,no scientific theories,nothing to boast to your neighbour about.

This thread is for that simple minded person who can trade the Now,and keep the "I" out of the trade.

The 60min Trend Trade::Very simple........we trade the 60min chart only.No perspective charts here.No looking at trends on higher time frames.We buy previous pivot highs on the 60,we hold,and we exit once previous pivot lows are broken,and we go short,We hold,and then cover and go long once previous pivot highs are taken out.It's an always-in-the-trade type of trade.............There is no analysis here,no thinking,just going with the flow up and down.......the only work done is position sizing,maybe adding to positions,one keeps one's mind away from opinionating about the larger time frames........One just doesn't care anymore.A larger time frame crash will involve you into it,a euphoric rise up will have you in it,the frustrating sideways will probably get you in and out a few times but would be reduced if stops are placed in the right zones.........

As said before,one therefore just goes with the Flow...........things are kept very simple.I go long because the previous 60min pivot high is taken out,I exit and go short because the previous pivot lows are taken out,and vice versa.

Trade Smaller and Longer is the way out here.........I have a stop at previous pivot lows and stop is Rs60 away......I do my Position Sizing,and Rs12k is the risk I am prepared to take,therefore I buy 200,or 4NF lots.However juicy and yummy that pattern may be,I am getting in with 4 lots because my Trading Plan says so.

Add's as always at newer pivot highs with stops raised to latest pivot lows.....think it's a bit boring to repeat all of this......

To reiterate once more:

TIME FRAME:60MIN

PERSPECTIVE CHART:None

ENTRY:When the latest pivot high is taken out,enter long.When the latest pivot low is taken out,enter short.

EXIT:If initial stop is taken out.........If previous pivot lows in an uptrend are taken out,exit longs and go short.If previous pivot highs are taken out in a dntrend,exit shorts and go long.

When charts get vertical,steep-ish gradient,put stops at previous 2 bar low,exit long and go short if triggerred..........No steep gradient,no using this method,then it's pivots all the way.

ADD:Add to longs only if newer pivot highs are made in an uptrend.....Add to shorts only when newer pivot lows are made in a downtrend.

PROFIT TAKING:NONE......no profit taking as far as I am concerned.But do take profits off the table if you can't sleep nights and picking on your wife..........Profits therefore only for preservation of sanity.

POSITION SIZING:Very simplistic and rudimentary form,but it still has kept me out of harm's way..........already discussed in the "Teach a Man to...."thread.Entry is at point x........Stops are 60 points off.I take my capital,and risk only 0.5% of it ,say it's 12k.........divide 12k by 60 NF pts,you get 200 shares,or 4 nf lots.Therefore whatever happens,go long with 4 lots only.

One more add:Say we entered with 4 NF lots long,and added another 6 along the way,all the while raising stops,we hold all 10,we get pivots taken out or 2 bar rule in a vertical move violated,then calculate from that pivot high to entry point(for ease of calculations,presuming it's 60pts away,therefore you need to short 4 lots).........so we sell 14 lots,therefore exitting all 10 longs and entering 4 shorts......Apologies for multiple reiterations.

MINDSET:A mind that is simple........devoid of too many if's and but's and why's and why not's......a mind that refuses to get swayed by larger time frames,CNBC,other traders,gossip,rumours,etc............a mind that dares to stick to strategy and plan and in doing so stays in the present and is not swayed by a euphoric rise or a precipitous fall,thereby leaping over the Fear-Greed Barrier..........A mind that stays in the Now,removing the "I" from the trade........A mind that goes with the Flow......in this case the 60min Flow.

Shall add more later!

All the best!
Saint
Original Thread for this Method

Going with the 60min Flow!!

Last edited:

SGM

Hello

Need help from members to find if any other method / system is /was discussed that can be included here.

Regards
Sanjay

Last edited:

SGM

Does this -- -- fit as a system?
Hello skarpio

Its not for me to sit in jugement as to what fits and what does not, as long as you feel the discussion on the thread would be useful to members to learn about trading methods and system, we should include it here.

btw, by virtue of your post, is't it already here... ;)

regards

Hello Rocky

I didn't understand the Humor behind your post, maybe am getting too old for it ;)

Anyway, hope you had a good time and enjoyed writing the post :D

Cheers
Sanjay

Last edited: