List of strategies which will not give you profits

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man got married , then even after three four years of marriage could not get a child , cause he was impotent .
then one day he declares to his brothers, having sex with wife does not produce a child . his name was ........
His name was TraderRavi...crazy guy in this world hahahaha

Rkji

Hi Guys.

Posting after a very long time in TJ. Feels good to be back with the family.

IMHO, mmohanar has good intentions of warning us that do not rely on technical indicator strategies to be consistently profitable.

What is wrong with that ???

Guys, NOONE is perfect, leave the guy alone & not bash him up for wasting his time writing a post which he thinks is helpful for others.

We must try to appreciate others efforts & many times you will disagree with others but no need to be harsh & make sick jokes. Period.

If you don't agree with someone, you can very well discuss it by giving your reasons which promotes a healthy conversation & not derogatory remarks.

Anyways, I wrote this post in hope going forward we shall have good environment in which all of us can come together & try to discuss things in a polite way.

I shall post my views on OP's subject in next post.

THANK YOU MMOHANAR FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE !!!

Regards to All,

Rishi

Last edited:

Rkji

Dear Mmohanar,

I can totally relate to whatever you have written in the below post & I have gone through this period long time ago when I used to trade actively.

I have been away from the stock market for certain reasons but I would like to share my opinion with you formed during my consistent 3 yrs of active trading.

1. You against Yourself :-

You can be given the best strategy through which another trader makes consistent profits but you may still fail. The point is, the other trader although was under illusion of a MA crossover working, succeeded not necessarily because the crossover worked in his favor on this occassion but for deploying other tools as well such as discipline in slowly pyaramiding positions, money management, sharp mechanical executions of orders etc etc.

If you stick with just ONE strategy which you fancy, the very first challenge will be to execute it flawlessly for months or years. If YOU are in line with your rules & you end up trying it for atleast 1 full year, every single trading session :) :) you will realize its not just a strategy that may help but also YOUR PSYCHOLOGY.

When you are in real trades it is YOU against YOURSELF in listening to the music of markets. IMHO, I realized trading PSYCHOLOGY of self & market participants is very important.

2. Existence of 'Smart Money' & Big players in the stock market :-

A very intelligent trader once told me about the existence of Smart money & that our stock markets & brokers are very corrupt in ways we can't imagine.

House always wins! You must have come across this statement which is very true. In order to beat the best in the trade, you must study their actions through some means so that you don't go against their actions & often these are big players like institutions etc who really move the markets.

In stock markets only 5 - 10 % are consistently profitable no matter what many will claim in public forums to boast about themselves.

These breed of skilled professionals (5% of crowd) are SMART MONEY & it is very very hard to beat them unless you really know YOURSELF first.

So how do you keep in harmony with the smart money so that you trade WITH them not AGAINST them ???

The answer - I'm still searching to be honest and I'm on the track (I guess) and I will be very glad to share whatever I find with all of you.

Whenever in doubt, go back to basics.
When I gave up on indicators etc (doesn't means they don't work, maybe i failed & i felt same as mmohanar), i tried to study PRICE as the only indicator & also read endless books about successful traders.

MY findings were that if you are able to 'READ THE TAPE' , ORDER FLOW & follow strict money management rules & trading psychology is in place, you may place HIGH PROBABILITY TRADES.

Trading is not a game of just indicators or money management but a game of PROBABILITIES. You increase chances of winning through a COMBINATION of many things & just focusing on one area will not help.

Which ever CONSISTENT approach helps you in understanding the Demand & Supply of stocks whether it is a strategy based on technical indicators or just READING The TAPE will INCREASE YOUR PROBABILITIES.

After that whether you win or loose, depends entirely on Y O U.

=-=-=-====-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

P.S :- Sorry about the long gyan & boring you :)
I'm learning myself & hating myself currently if i sounded as preaching.
I just wanted to share my opinion on the topic.

Dear beginners/traders

Find below list of strategies which will not give you profits on consistently. Don't waste your time on trading using these strategies.reject below methods/strategies.this methods/strategies will not make you crorepathy.

Invest your valuable time on finding some other methods/strategies.

Or learn from seniors who is making money from stock market.

1.Pivot point trading(classic,woodie,camarilla,Fibonacci)
2.2652 Theory
3.Gann Square
4.Elliott Wave calculator
5.ORB(opening range breakout)
6.buy on previous day high/sell on previous day low
7.camarilla pivot point trading
8.support and resistance method
9.sma cross over
10.EMA cross over

Above all methods work sometime and will not work maximum times.

Trading using above methods your account will be zero.

Conclusion:

Straight away reject above methods even don't try it.

Learn from seniors who is making money or try something new which is working for you.

Regards

Mmohanar

Status
Not open for further replies.