Life Changing Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo_1985

reading "re awaken the giant within", have started 10 day challenge given in it, he also asks to laugh atleast 5 times in a day .. a big wide grin like this :D ..
Challenge is like this ...
For the next ten days, beginning immediately, commit to taking full control of all your mental and emotional faculties by deciding right now that you will not indulge in or dwell on any unresourceful thoughts or emotions for ten consecutive days.
When an unresourceful thought or emotion comes then you can have a solution based approach... ask yourself what you can learn from it or just smile and change your physiology and thus emotion.

have been doing this for a few days now(anytime of the day i stand in front of mirror and give a big wide smile) and it surely feels wonderful :D, i can clearly see results in meditation, my mind is much clearer and i can focus better than before. So go ahead and make a habit to smile and see the difference for yourself :).

amitrandive

reading "re awaken the giant within", have started 10 day challenge given in it, he also asks to laugh atleast 5 times in a day .. a big wide grin like this :D ..
Challenge is like this ...
For the next ten days, beginning immediately, commit to taking full control of all your mental and emotional faculties by deciding right now that you will not indulge in or dwell on any unresourceful thoughts or emotions for ten consecutive days.
When an unresourceful thought or emotion comes then you can have a solution based approach... ask yourself what you can learn from it or just smile and change your physiology and thus emotion.

have been doing this for a few days now(anytime of the day i stand in front of mirror and give a big wide smile) and it surely feels wonderful :D, i can clearly see results in meditation, my mind is much clearer and i can focus better than before. So go ahead and make a habit to smile and see the difference for yourself :).
Vertigo_1985

Thanks for the recommendation.
For all interested , this book is available for free download from Tony's website.

http://w w w.tony robbins .com/ebook/referral-form.php?source=legal(please remove spaces)
:clapping:

A beautiful quote from Robbins.

onlinegtrash

The worst definition of "Success" I have ever read.:D
yup!
These guys are American pep talk professionals and 'success' sellers.

The quote sounds more like a desire of narcissistic 10 year old kid !
well that's the average mental age of most crowd isn't it !?

Success to me often means contentment, freedom, enjoying pleasant things within limits etc etc. and more importantly growing up instead of just getting old, again that's only a partial definition... but no where similar to Tony Robins!

Vertigo_1985

Thanks for the recommendation.
For all interested , this book is available for free download from Tony's website.

http://w w w.tony robbins .com/ebook/referral-form.php?source=legal(please remove spaces)
:clapping:

A beautiful quote from Robbins.

So, if a person wants to commit robbery, he can do it whenever he wants, how many times he wants and as much as he wants, then he is a succesful robber.

This quote by him, no doubt is supposed to be read in context, but there are many meanings one can read into this quote.

Though I would tend to agree that if I like to relax, laze around, I should be able to do it when I want, till as long as I want and as often as I want. :)

Two interpretations of the same quote. :)

amitrandive

So, if a person wants to commit robbery, he can do it whenever he wants, how many times he wants and as much as he wants, then he is a succesful robber.

This quote by him, no doubt is supposed to be read in context, but there are many meanings one can read into this quote.

Though I would tend to agree that if I like to relax, laze around, I should be able to do it when I want, till as long as I want and as often as I want. :)

Two interpretations of the same quote. :)
Altaf

Thanks for the positive interpretation.!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

Niranjanam

Thanks for the feedback , but is is not my quote.
;)
I was referring to the Tony Robbins quote
Just imagine a society where everybody seek the so called "Success"
What will happen when all the people start doing what they want,when they want,where they want,with whom they want,as much as they want?

With Tony's definition few underworld dons might have achieved some success.
Jesus, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther and Swami Vivekananda wasted their life without any success.

amitrandive

I was referring to the Tony Robbins quote
Just imagine a society where everybody seek the so called "Success"
What will happen when all the people start doing what they want,when they want,where they want,with whom they want,as much as they want?

With Tony's definition few underworld dons might have achieved some success.
Jesus, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther and Swami Vivekananda wasted their life without any success.
Niranjanam

Thanks , I fully agree with you.Will make it a point to post better quotes from now.:D

jahan

Niranjanam

Thanks , I fully agree with you.Will make it a point to post better quotes from now.:D
Hello,

Amit first of all its not ur quote...so don't feel about it.....and when comes to the quote it's perfectly correct...and it applies for all successful people...

see..jesus did what he want,when he want,where he want,with whom he want,as much as he want until the message of his father(god) reached to everyone.

gandhiji..also did the same thing until british quits...Mother teresa also..etc & etc......so it depends upon how we interpret the quote.

i seem nothing wrong in it...it is stating about the liberty we need in our lifes.

IMO..."Success doesn't mean making lot of Money".....to me it is how far i have gone in a choosen way...like for trends there is no perfect tool of measurement...for success also there is no perfect tool of measurement.

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.