Life and Journey of a Trader

Gaur_Krishna

Wise decision.... Better to do one thing at a time .... All the best....:thumb:

PS: Motorcycle saves lots of energy & time that we otherwise waste in transit. MOre so in exam period.... so think of selling it after exams.... my 2 cents .....

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

I have opened this account at this forum to thank you for sharing your life story. We share many things in common, like you, I have also given a better part of life preparing for Civil Services. In fact, I am still preparing. Like you, presence of commerce people stimulated my interest in stock market. Like you, initially I gained by fluke. Like you, I borrowed money with a hope to break even. In this process, i have lost around 200000 within a span of seven months. Now there are around 50000 in my commodity account.
Your analysis about life of a trader hitherto does apply to me, considering this I have drawn certain conclusions and made certain decisions.

Conclusions-

1. Trading can be highly mentally taxing. It keeps your mind occupied for all the time, this is more true in case of trading at MCX.
2. People who loose are much more than people who profit.
3. There should be a permanent source of income.
4. Trading can be trap - In my case i have become addicted to MCX. I wake up at 09:58 and then my whole day revolves around the laptop. Sunday seems to me the only normal day now.

Decisions-

1. Suddenly, I have realized that for the past seven months I have been a full time trader. This is not I wanted. It is not that trading is bad or something but the reason is the pressure is too much for me to bear. I started all this to make easy money but I was being too optimistic. So from this very moment no full time trading for me.
2. Will not put more amount for trading.
3. Alternative way of debt payment. I might use a scholarship that I have and or I will sell my motorcycle.
4. Refocus on my original aim.

Once again thanks to you. After going through your thread I have got a fresh but realistic perspective about what the market can do to you. It can go either ways but I can not afford to take the risk. Once i missed final selection in civil services by 1 mark. Civil Services preparation is a gamble in itself and that too a big one. It is not prudent for me to expose my self to risk at two fronts. So I am confining my self to becoming a student.

P.S. Your father has been very supportive. I pray for him.

VJAY

I have opened this account at this forum to thank you for sharing your life story. We share many things in common, like you, I have also given a better part of life preparing for Civil Services. In fact, I am still preparing. Like you, presence of commerce people stimulated my interest in stock market. Like you, initially I gained by fluke. Like you, I borrowed money with a hope to break even. In this process, i have lost around 200000 within a span of seven months. Now there are around 50000 in my commodity account.
Your analysis about life of a trader hitherto does apply to me, considering this I have drawn certain conclusions and made certain decisions.

Conclusions-

1. Trading can be highly mentally taxing. It keeps your mind occupied for all the time, this is more true in case of trading at MCX.
2. People who loose are much more than people who profit.
3. There should be a permanent source of income.
4. Trading can be trap - In my case i have become addicted to MCX. I wake up at 09:58 and then my whole day revolves around the laptop. Sunday seems to me the only normal day now.

Decisions-

1. Suddenly, I have realized that for the past seven months I have been a full time trader. This is not I wanted. It is not that trading is bad or something but the reason is the pressure is too much for me to bear. I started all this to make easy money but I was being too optimistic. So from this very moment no full time trading for me.
2. Will not put more amount for trading.
3. Alternative way of debt payment. I might use a scholarship that I have and or I will sell my motorcycle.
4. Refocus on my original aim.

Once again thanks to you. After going through your thread I have got a fresh but realistic perspective about what the market can do to you. It can go either ways but I can not afford to take the risk. Once i missed final selection in civil services by 1 mark. Civil Services preparation is a gamble in itself and that too a big one. It is not prudent for me to expose my self to risk at two fronts. So I am confining my self to becoming a student.

P.S. Your father has been very supportive. I pray for him.
Thanks for sharing your experience....
When most of them come into this trading field with this ...:) me too started thinking the same too....without any study & any knowledge ...lost hard earned money....
Now started to gain with small cap ...this your post will help many newbies who coming this dream field knowing nothing about it :)

hai sibu sir,

I had gone through ur thread in a single sitting...really an eye opening one...so with dis i will think again about my decision to dive into d world of stock market...nw i understand my mother's words and will try for d goals in my career first...definitly i will return one day to trading..hope after achieving my goals first..god bless ur father for his speedy recovery....

Thanks nd regards
sree...

Hi,
While reading your post, it was like a suspense-thriller. The way you wrote made me to go through your post in one sitting. And, I think you can earn money by printing your experiences as a book.
You also wrote in the post that you got married and have a child too, and never talked about them in your post. How about your father's health.
Now how is it going on........

wish you all the best in your trading.

Prashanth.

sibu3168

Hello everybody,

Sorry for being so late. Last one year was so horrible for me, I could not explain it in words. Although I post some replies in traderji but in actual sense I was absent.

Finally, the day had come, despite of my(our family's) sincere effort, I could not save my father. He expired a month back. I was so close to him, it will take some time for me to recover from that loss.

Gradually, I will tale you my future course plan. Now a complete chapter is closed in my life. From today onwards, a totally new journey will start on its own with new hope and expectation.

Let us hope for the best.
With best wishes

TradeJoker

hi sibuji, welcome back, sorry to hear the sad news.pls accept my condolence,
i remember once u told us the condition of ur father.

Hello everybody,

Sorry for being so late. Last one year was so horrible for me, I could not explain it in words. Although I post some replies in traderji but in actual sense I was absent.

Finally, the day had come, despite of my(our family's) sincere effort, I could not save my father. He expired a month back. I was so close to him, it will take some time for me to recover from that loss.

Gradually, I will tale you my future course plan. Now a complete chapter is closed in my life. From today onwards, a totally new journey will start on its own with new hope and expectation.

With best wishes

Relish

You and your family are in our prayers. Sorry to hear of your loss

Hello everybody,

With best wishes