Learning and Implementing Ichimoku in Forex

ag_fx

Sorry, I forgot to note the red horizontal line on the chart with text Buy/Sell on it.
I assumed that as candle has broken out of Cloud and hence we got the signal now hence was ready for Kumo breakout.

Your trades were taken inside Cloud .
Few doubts ? appreciate if your views on it -
1) btw, as I understand, that is high risk tradezone (inside clouds), so why jump on them
2) why are they counter-trend cause in both the charts, I see 4 out of 5 lines aligned in below/above the direction of the trend. Onle line that is not aligned is other edge of Cloud.

Maybe I am missing something with my limited knowledge of trading these lines.

Happy Trading
1) Switching to M15 charts will help a lot to find those answers. I also took EJ long today which I have not displayed here yet because it had crossed my TP before I cud take a picture of it. However, I am attaching a M15 chart of EJ with some lines on it. Im sure AW10, you will be able to see what Im trying to say. :thumb: Similar rules applied on EU and UCHF.

2) They are counter trend because they are against Daily charts.

As far as I can see...All images are clearly visible...please check ur internet connection.
Ankit,

Thanks for your efforts. Kindly clarify few doubts. I want to know how to set up this method. Do I need separate software for this? If so what and where to get it. Where do you get the charts. I am working for Indian software company, but presently in the UK. I trade on NIFTY using icharts. I will be in the UK for 2 more months and returning to Bangalore. I am also interested in Forex trading. I have UK bank account and CMC account where I an trade on all world indices and Forex. Would you please advise, what accounts I an open that will be useful when I come back to India. Thanks for your time. It would be helpful if you could help me where to get the Forex charts and how to set up this method.

Regards
Sesha

ag_fx

Ankit,

Thanks for your efforts. Kindly clarify few doubts. I want to know how to set up this method. Do I need separate software for this? If so what and where to get it. Where do you get the charts. I am working for Indian software company, but presently in the UK. I trade on NIFTY using icharts. I will be in the UK for 2 more months and returning to Bangalore. I am also interested in Forex trading. I have UK bank account and CMC account where I an trade on all world indices and Forex. Would you please advise, what accounts I an open that will be useful when I come back to India. Thanks for your time. It would be helpful if you could help me where to get the Forex charts and how to set up this method.

Regards
Sesha
Sesha,
For Forex markets, you dont need any separate software for this. It is inbuilt in MT4 and I have only customized some colours for it. You can get a demo account with any broker offering MT4 and you should be good to go.

AW10

Ankit, was this Cloud breakout trade ?
If yes, then wasn't it carrying additional risk cause SSA was below SSB, i.e. it was bearish cloud.. and the trade entry was contrarian ?

Entry

The entry for the kumo breakout trading strategy is simple - when price closes above/below the kumo, the trader places a trade in the direction of the breakout. Nevertheless, care does need to be taken to ensure the breakout is not a "head fake" which can be especially prevalent when the breakout takes place from a flat top/bottom kumo. To ensure the flat top/bottom is not going to attract price back to the kumo, it is always advisable to look for another Ichimoku structure to "anchor" your entry to just above/below the kumo breakout. This anchor can be anything from a key level provided by the chikou span, a kumo shadow or any other appropriate structure that could act as additional support/resistance to solidify the direction and momentum of the trade.

Kumo breakout traders also make good use of the leading kumo's sentiment before committing to a trade. If the leading kumo is a Bear kumo and the kumo breakout is also Bear, then that is a very good sign that the breakout is not an aberration of excessive volatility, but rather a true indication of market sentiment. If the leading kumo contradicts the direction of the breakout, then the trader may want to either wait until the kumo does agree with the direction of the trade or use more conservative position sizing to account for the increased risk.
anyway, loosing trade is just a trade. May market support you in next trade.
Happy Trading

ag_fx

Ankit, was this Cloud breakout trade ?
If yes, then wasn't it carrying additional risk cause SSA was below SSB, i.e. it was bearish cloud.. and the trade entry was contrarian ?

anyway, loosing trade is just a trade. May market support you in next trade.
Happy Trading
Yes it was a cloud breakout. The future kumo cloud was bullish and price had broken out of the current thick kumo cloud. Higher time frames were Bullish and thus it was not contrarian. Price had been supported at KS(Blue line) on H4 and thus a long entry.