L&T stock intraday chart is irregular-how to fix it?

Hi friends

you may find LT chart price irregular and your trading analysis results by software may go wrong.

This happens because LT price was 1400 plus some days ago and now due to bonus or split price drops to 970 area.

once yopu get 1400 and 970 on same chart it gets uncomfortabnle to read.

you need to adjust for split etc in amibroker.

be aware

take care

Hi friends

you may find LT chart price irregular and your trading analysis results by software may go wrong.

This happens because LT price was 1400 plus some days ago and now due to bonus or split price drops to 970 area.

be aware

take care
what is the split ratio?

prabhsingh

Hi friends

be aware

take care
How to adjust split in AmiBroker?kindly can you advise here please.

mastermind007

Thanks Manoj. Ratio is 3:2 & date is 10-7-2013 :thumb:
ocil and others
Small correction. Date to be entered into amibroker split box is one-day after i.e 11-july otherwise 10 july prices will remain incorrect :(

ocil

ocil and others
Small correction. Date to be entered into amibroker split box is one-day after i.e 11-july otherwise 10 july prices will remain incorrect :(
No if i enter 11 or 12 july then 11 july price is wrong :)
Any one can guide us?

Blow info from Amibroker :-
Splitting a stock

To perform stock split use Symbol->Split menu item or Split toolbar button.

AmiBroker provides easy way of handling stock splits. Program will try to guess split date and ratio by analyzing quotations. If there is just a single quotation after split this should work, if not you will be asked for split date and ratio. Note well that this operation can not be undone!!!

From version 2.0 and up the split function offers more functionality: you can use old-style ratio or you can specify a split using following expression:

x->y

which means that x shares before split become y after it. For example 2->3 means that 2 shares become 3 after the split. So ordinary split into five pieces will be 1->5.

Relish

Sir I am holding only one share of LT on 10 july and still holding. Will i get any bonus or not since i did not saw any change in share only price is reduced... :) :confused:

Last edited:

Relish

U will get fractional coupon like dividend warrent according to the ratio if u r holding only 1 share.
So tell me am i understand this correctly:

First bonus share is issued then LT share spitted in 3new and 2 old?

Or is this split only? how many share should be one hold to become eligible for bonus share in general ?