Karthiks Options Trading Strategy

karthik_sri

karthik sri sir, congrats that the strategy is very fine and explained well too. thanks for good option strategy. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

why you choose time frame 15 or 30 minutes. why can't 5 min what maximum day traders prefer?
No Sir pls...

I prefer 15 min or 30min as it consolidates the larger time frame data to avoid whipsaw and false signal or false trend. The lower time frame will eat the brain more!!!:D:D and will not give time to think!:D

karthik_sri

Thanks Karthik,
Can we try this in Stocks as well?
I have not tested with Stock Options as very rare to find good stocks that are HIGHLY TRADED IN OPTIONS...

We can try with SBIN, Infosys, Tata Steel...but I don't have the past 1 month or 2 months Intraday Options data of the said stocks to check the movement and liquidity...

karthik_sri

HAPPY DIWALI To All TJ Sir & Friends

Karthiks Sri Ji why we use Options Trading???
Hi Amar,
Options!!! I look for my Options to make money!!!

Three reason I find and (all Trader) look into

1). Less Margin required to trade
2). Good Profit if the trade is rightly executed
3). SL or My Loss is known even I carry the position till the expiry

But very easy to Loose money as the Premium at which we buy will vary/change according to the Underlying Price change!

If you are a beginner in OPTIONS trading I would suggest you to read a good book on knowing about OPTIONS.

Karthik

VJAY

Dear karthik,
Good to see another gem from you ....thats too in options :) really your simple systems helps many newbies start earn when in learning......
one Q ...EOD value is nifty spot?...you take sub 50 options?means if last close is 6350 then you look in 6350 CE& PE?

umeshmandal

NIFTY Close price on 17.07.13 : 5965.25

We will take 5900 strike price on both (Call & Put)

Intraday movement chart of Nifty 5900 CE of 18.07.13
Please look at the arrows in the attached chart for the conditions of the strategy...

http://i.imgur.com/oj2zFYr.png

Buy @ 126.55 : 6327.50
Sell @ 139.20 : 6960.25

GP : Rs.632.75 (which is 10% minimum)

Intraday movement chart of Nifty 5900 PE of 18.07.13

http://i.imgur.com/yuLIrAg.png

No Trading opportunity as no candle closed above High of 5WMA

Karthik
Karthik_sri, The first candle in the First chart above, (1st candle of 18th)to me seems to fulfill all the criteria for BUY ! Are we ignoring signals in First candle ?

karthik_sri

Dear karthik,
Good to see another gem from you ....thats too in options :) really your simple systems helps many newbies start earn when in learning......
one Q ...EOD value is nifty spot?...you take sub 50 options?means if last close is 6350 then you look in 6350 CE& PE?
Dear VJAY,
Yes...EOD value is Nifty Index... I don't look for strike price with sub 50 options mean to say if spot close is 5350 I look for strike price of 5300 as I find very few price movement happens in sub 50 options...this is just my view and observation...

Thanks for your appreciation...

karthik_sri

Karthik_sri, The first candle in the First chart above, (1st candle of 18th)to me seems to fulfill all the criteria for BUY ! Are we ignoring signals in First candle ?
Yes Umesh its a Trigger candle. But the price didn't met in subsequent candle and another Trigger candle came which I have shown. I have ignored that candle to take you through the setup where the subsequent candle meets our buy price.

Seems good for smaller priced options too, as shown below (15 min TF).

?? Maybe combined with 2 candle strategy on 5 min for an earlier entry ?? Specially when the trend is looking strong??