Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

deba72

@lvgandhi, brother you are not alone ! Many of my friends having similar experience. Waiting for long time now.

@deba72, please update how is your experience in this regards, what kind of speeds are you getting now ?

Thanks and regards
Bhai, I am still not fortunate enough to get it activated... Visited the store couple of times. mailed to Jio, tweeted to @Jiocare.... still nothing is happening...!

Meanwhile, I have noticed an substantial increase in Airtel 4G speed in my area.. to 23-24 mbps from around 18 mbps earlier... can only make some comparison as and when my JioFi is activated...

TradeOptions

Bhai, I am still not fortunate enough to get it activated... Visited the store couple of times. mailed to Jio, tweeted to @Jiocare.... still nothing is happening...!

Meanwhile, I have noticed an substantial increase in Airtel 4G speed in my area.. to 23-24 mbps from around 18 mbps earlier... can only make some comparison as and when my JioFi is activated...
The best thing about all this JIO event is that it has made other telecom operators more efficient and customer oriented. I too have noticed improvement in Airtel speed and moreover they are charging less.

Competition is always good for the customer. :thumb:

goldenedge

How will subscribers react? How will other operators react? How will the regulator react? How will be bids in the upcoming spectrum auction go? Will Jio drop prices further post the free period - clearly, its current plans aren't really a major threat to operators - but what if this just their opening gambit?
Reliance stock already reacted to this movement a long time ago. The figures are expected. :rofl:

Subhadip

Using JIO FI for last 10 days in some of the worst internet connected area of Jharkhand...

Travelled from Kolkata to Jharkhand with always on JIO FI..nice. almost evrywhere in Rail line route got network..better than Airtel (which is best in Bihar-Jharkhand Circle).

Good speed of around 4 MBPS download speed.

some what reliable but in rural areas poor speed.

protrade

Reliance Jio has given detailed statistics, claiming 10 Crore calls per day are failing when initiated from Jio to competing networks. Considering how public and how visible this dispute is, I think we can safely assume this figure is at least close to correct.

If this is the case, let's try to use this figure to extrapolate the number of subscribers that Jio has already got.

Lets assume that this is a serious problem, and about 1/3 of the calls made from Jio to the other networks fail. That means there are a total of 30 crore calls made from Jio to other networks, and 10 crore of these calls fail.

Lets assume that phones are used for about 16 hours actively. And on an average, let's assume 2 calls made by every customer every hour. That means each customer of Jio attempts to make 32 calls in a day. This is WAY over normal usage patterns, but because Jio is free, and many of the calls are failing, let's assume 32 calls per day is a reasonable figure.

That gives us a figure of almost 10 million subscribers in Jio already!! Which is quite stunning in some ways, but understandable too - because the company has seen significant demand - way more than it can handle!

For a company that is hoping to get 100 million to 125 million subscribers in 3 years, that's not bad at all!

And remember - many customers simply haven't had their SIM cards activated yet. Many customers have signed up for JioFi plans - which are data only plans, with no voice calls.

So the actual number of subscribers could be way more! In fact, I am beginning to think Jio could probably even be closer to 15M subscribers already!

This is beginning to sound ridiculous, and at some point, Jio will come out with official subscriber numbers. I think in another month or so, things will get stabilized - and the true picture will start to emerge.

Jio is currently valued at Rs 20 in the Reliance share price! If they have managed to get 15M subscribers already, then that figure seems abysmally low!

Blackhole

---guys my jiofi was activated within a day.....adhar....i had bought when price was near 3000/-.....

--- i knew that they are getting emormous response, there serrver was down, they where facing issue handling customers. i had already made a mindset of 10 - 15 days of activation, so i went to store during night time spend near about an hour chit chatting... i am pity friendly to everybody , on top of it server was responding...it was done....

human touch always pays!...be human first!

...tried jio in worst possible networks...working fine ..even on remote rail routes and inside train.....travelled MP / BIHAR / BENGAL

speed got ...good conditions over 25 mbps

bad conditions over 2 mb

worst condition....no internet

Brill

If you visit Jio Center in your town with Aadhar card, they can do the E-KYC, which took only 5min for me. After that overnigh my sim was activated.

protrade

I am hearing that the Jio customer acquisition process has been streamlined - earlier, Aadhaar based process was not available in all centers - it has been rolled out everywhere. In fact, sales men are now discouraging non-Aadhaar process - saying it will mean too much delay! They are telling people - you go apply for Aadhaar, it will take you 10-12 days, then come for Jio SIM - it will be activated faster that way!

Also, SIM availability has been addressed in many centers. Now you can simply walk in and get the SIM instead of checking whether SIM is available, etc.

lvgandhi

But I am finding otherwise. Their shops say numbers are not available. They say please go for mnp(so that other providers loose customers). How come they think that people will loose working number for non-dependable provider. Other providers numbers work at least. This is cheating method by Jio. Even after22 days, I am yet to get number SMS.