Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

Like everything Reliance, Jio is an effort to beat the competition by bending rules with pliable govt regulation. Scale is large and consumer is no doubt benefited.

Rules are generally changed practically on eve of their launches but are built in their planning since inception.

IP telephony, Adhar based activation etc. Earlier conversion of CDMA from fixed to mobility.

The free period will help garner a showcase-able base of consumers, excuse of whose welfare may be used to wring out unfair terms of interconnect etc.

RockyRobust

The only thing that’s clear is that there are no Reliance Jio SIM cards – whether it’s because the demand is higher than Jio expected, or because it’s trying to scale up the number of users on its network in a controlled manner. Unfortunately, there’s simply no official word, which is causing a lot of confusion.

“Why they’re not coming we also don’t know,” says one store manager. “Our seniors also know that there is a crowd everywhere. But we haven’t been told why more [SIMs] aren’t coming.” A lack of communication is one of the areas where Reliance runs the risk of losing the goodwill it’s build up now, so it’s disappointing, if not entirely surprising, to see the situation on ground right now.
http://postgiz.com/reliance-jio-sim-cards-are-for-everyone-but-heres-the-ground-reality/

Just bought one JioFi an hour back.. Now have to wait till its activated.. In my Airtel 4g, I get consistent 15-18 mbps download and 5-6 mbps upload speed..

Anything less or even similar would be a disappointment..:)
I also want to buy JioFi. Please outline the procedure to follow and cost involved. Thanks

deba72

No communication from Jio yet regarding activation of my JioFi.... The store people are as clueless ...

Great planning and execution I must say..( And they said they are building it up for last 5 years ! ) ..

There are not even enough trained sales/service guys in those mini stores...

TradeOptions

No communication from Jio yet regarding activation of my JioFi.... The store people are as clueless ...

Great planning and execution I must say..( And they said they are building it up for last 5 years ! ) ..

There are not even enough trained sales/service guys in those mini stores...
deba bhai, one of my friend had to wait for 10 days, before he received the sms from Jio. And after that it took 4 more days for the service to start.

He has a short temper and he was promised that the service would be activated within 24 hours. He had multiple fights with reliance employees at the local store and he spent many hours fighting with the online support staff as well. But nothing seemed to have helped in making the process faster.

As you yourself has said earlier, we all know, how reliance group has fared in terms of consumer satisfaction. So I would suggest you to please be prepared for a week's time atleast. If you get activation before that, then consider yourself to be lucky.

Many of my friends are using Jio currently, because it is totally free. The speed is really great sometimes, even crosses 30mpbs sometimes. But it is highly unreliable. It could go down any moment. No stable speed at all. It was before the 4 GB FUP kicked in. Now once you cross the 4 GB data limit "which could happen within a few minutes on such fast connection" then the whole day your speed is so pathetic, that you cannot even do proper web browsing with that connection.

lvgandhi

I wrote my third mail to [email protected] as below
I never expected such a bad response from Jio.
I have got the Jio sim around 11:15AM on 05/09/2016 under welcome offer from Reliance DigiExpress Mini, Vayalur Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. IMSI number is xxxxxx. I have put it in Moto 3rd generation with 4G capabilities. It shows sim as Jio 4G. But still I have not received Jio cell number and service is not there even after 15 days. Name is xxxxxxxxx. My Contact number is xxxxxxxxxx of BSNL Chennai circle.
If the database is centralized, I should get info when I will get number and service.
If not, you should ask, store fellow who gave me sim to indicate probable date of getting number and service.
I am already finding something wrong going on in this town, ie Tiruchirappalli. Some fellow most probably brand promoter of lyf says he can activate sim for some money.
Kindly look into this, so that at least I get info when I will get service and cell number. Local store says always it will take two days.
Regards.

But their reply was as usual below.
Dear Customer,

We have been receiving overwhelming response to our Jio Preview Offer. Hence there may be some delay in responding to your query.

However if you want to know more about the Jio Preview Offer, please visit our website www.jio.com.

We thank you for your patience

TradeOptions

I wrote my third mail to [email protected] as below
I never expected such a bad response from Jio.
I have got the Jio sim around 11:15AM on 05/09/2016 under welcome offer from Reliance DigiExpress Mini, Vayalur Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. IMSI number is xxxxxx. I have put it in Moto 3rd generation with 4G capabilities. It shows sim as Jio 4G. But still I have not received Jio cell number and service is not there even after 15 days. Name is xxxxxxxxx. My Contact number is xxxxxxxxxx of BSNL Chennai circle.
If the database is centralized, I should get info when I will get number and service.
If not, you should ask, store fellow who gave me sim to indicate probable date of getting number and service.
I am already finding something wrong going on in this town, ie Tiruchirappalli. Some fellow most probably brand promoter of lyf says he can activate sim for some money.
Kindly look into this, so that at least I get info when I will get service and cell number. Local store says always it will take two days.
Regards.

But their reply was as usual below.
Dear Customer,

We have been receiving overwhelming response to our Jio Preview Offer. Hence there may be some delay in responding to your query.

However if you want to know more about the Jio Preview Offer, please visit our website www.jio.com.

We thank you for your patience
@lvgandhi, brother you are not alone ! Many of my friends having similar experience. Waiting for long time now.

@deba72, please update how is your experience in this regards, what kind of speeds are you getting now ?

Thanks and regards