Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

lvgandhi

I have got the sim under welcome offer on 5th Sep as one of the first few persons.
Still I did not get my number. Sim shows as Jio 4G, but no service.
Still to get SMS regarding Jio number in my contact phone.
RelianceDigiMini counter where I bought sim keeps the phone busy.
Email to [email protected] is answered after two days saying response to preview offer is overwhelming and hence delay. However mine is not preview offer, but it is welcome offer starting 5th Sep

saakk

How is the speed in Jiofi ?
Depends where you are put up, In my office i get connection speed of 30 to 35 mb but at home only 4 to 5 mb...

Trust me 4 Gb is nothing if you have very high connection speed, i have used it up in 30 mins...

It's just a marketing gimmick to mop up customer, truth be told i will never use it for my trading purposes, i just don't believe RELIANCE can provide consistent service for long time, To many Ifs and Buts will start kicking in once the user base grow.

Depends where you are put up, In my office i get connection speed of 30 to 35 mb but at home only 4 to 5 mb...

Trust me 4 Gb is nothing if you have very high connection speed, i have used it up in 30 mins...

It's just a marketing gimmick to mop up customer, truth be told i will never use it for my trading purposes, i just don't believe RELIANCE can provide consistent service for long time, To many Ifs and Buts will start kicking in once the user base grow.
This trust deficit is real and it will also hurt them real . . .

Add to it all these new false promises, they don't help to build faith in the family.

Their advantage is that most of the skeptics will also go stand in a line to try the free data scheme :lol:

btw, i got a review from someone who could download an move in flat 3/4 minutes

mkbsiva

I am getting speed up to 30mbps...:) i dont think there is any daily cap of 4gb...i beleive its unlimited data 24/7 up to Dec 31.

Last edited:

bunti_k23

All of this hype yet still cant compete with mtnl ADSL ( landline ) in terms of data usage.

I guess revolution is only in context of mobile, which i dont use. For me 2g/3g/4g/blablabla is all irrelevant and mtnl is still king. 4gb/10 gb se mahina kaise nikale ga ? what will i do with extra speed if it gets spent quickly. Once over, dialup ke din yaad dila dega

I hope their 'apps' ( movie, TV etc ) dont count towards data usage. *1 game is 30-50 gb these days*
:lol::lol::lol::clapping::clapping:

Even if things stabilize a bit after the initial glitches, I don't expect anything great on the customer services front in the long run...

BTW I am looking to a buy a JioFi this weekend ...anyone has any feedback about the device to share ?
Yes i am using it since last 8 months , avg speed has dropped to 6-7 Mbps from 15-16 Mbps. After 2 months of use original battery swelled but was replaced promptly , now working alright. My experience is just average nothing spectacular - speed wise but hey anything is good until its free ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

deba72

Yes i am using it since last 8 months , avg speed has dropped to 6-7 Mbps from 15-16 Mbps. After 2 months of use original battery swelled but was replaced promptly , now working alright. My experience is just average nothing spectacular - speed wise but hey anything is good until its free ;)
Just bought one JioFi an hour back.. Now have to wait till its activated.. In my Airtel 4g, I get consistent 15-18 mbps download and 5-6 mbps upload speed..

Anything less or even similar would be a disappointment..:)

RockyRobust

Speed is very highly dependent on your location as you say. I tested my number at various places and the speed has varied so wildly that the talk of comprehensive Eco System seems to be a sheer bluff. The areas which are already developed are being fed with more and the areas which are on the journey of development are being ignored big time. I uploaded my speed test of JIO in other thread at traderji and it was pathetic mere 0.51 mbps download speed. I regret taking their phone which can be equated to a toy phone, its so plastic that I don't want to even hold it in my hand, just keep it aside somewhere else using it as a Wi-Fi hotpsot through tethering. Complete rubbish imported from China. I purchased their phone as that time the sim was not open for other phones.

deba72

Speed is very highly dependent on your location as you say. I tested my number at various places and the speed has varied so wildly that the talk of comprehensive Eco System seems to be a sheer bluff. The areas which are already developed are being fed with more and the areas which are on the journey of development are being ignored big time. I uploaded my speed test of JIO in other thread at traderji and it was pathetic mere 0.51 mbps download speed. I regret taking their phone which can be equated to a toy phone, its so plastic that I don't want to even hold it in my hand, just keep it aside somewhere else using it as a Wi-Fi hotpsot through tethering. Complete rubbish imported from China. I purchased their phone as that time the sim was not open for other phones.
So much ado about nothing ! This is how they plan to make digital India .... on another note, they are using PM Modi's speech and video clippings in their TV advts... I am not questioning the legal aspect as they must have done due diligence.. but is it ethical ?

BTW, the Jio store guy today couldn't give me a timeline for activation of my JioFi... it can be anything between 2-20 days...he said...:confused:

RockyRobust

So much ado about nothing ! This is how they plan to make digital India .... on another note, they are using PM Modi's speech and video clippings in their TV advts... I am not questioning the legal aspect as they must have done due diligence.. but is it ethical ?

BTW, the Jio store guy today couldn't give me a timeline for activation of my JioFi... it can be anything between 2-20 days...he said...:confused:
Absolutely ! the post of PM is of big stature and using its authority for enhancing commercial interests seems below dignity for the post. After this act the things turned around and it seemed that Digital India is not govts. initiative rather Reliance's initiative.

This is true, the activation time is increasing every passing day as the company was very ill-prepared for the response and the manpower deployed was for a normal process. I met a JIO centre head and he was just scratching his head saying that we have been provided with very scarce resources and we are nervous as people are getting impatient as the wait is getting more. People are not ready to listen to us and feel as if we are responsible for the delay, what normally happens as those who get in touch are possible targets for the ire.