Is there any broker who provides e-DIS facility instead of POA for their demat?

Many local brokers who do not have their own depositories support e-dis. I have been using SPEED- e of NSDL with my local broker.Online and discount brokers however want POA of Demat accounts with them .

Smart_trade

Biker

I have been using SPEED- e of NSDL with my local broker.Online and discount brokers however want POA of Demat accounts with them .

Smart_trade
So you transfer it to your broker's pool account when you want to sell? I was using CDSL's Easiest facility (till RKSV stopped it). But it is a pain to transfer shares whenever you want to sell. Also you can sell only next day.

So you transfer it to your broker's pool account when you want to sell? I was using CDSL's Easiest facility (till RKSV stopped it). But it is a pain to transfer shares whenever you want to sell. Also you can sell only next day.
No,you sell whenever you want and transfer the shares to the brokers settlement account with each settlement number marked separately.The shares can be transferred even on T +2 ie payin da,y before 10:30...some brokers insist on transfer 1 day before Payin day.

Smart_trade

Biker

No,you sell whenever you want and transfer the shares to the brokers settlement account with each settlement number marked separately.The shares can be transferred even on T +2 ie payin da,y before 10:30...some brokers insist on transfer 1 day before Payin day.

Smart_trade
I have not done something like that. But if shares are not in broker's pool account or in demat account having POA, than those shares will not be visible in trading terminal... no? And if those shares are not visible in trading terminal than how can we sell in delivery mode?

I have not done something like that. But if shares are not in broker's pool account or in demat account having POA, than those shares will not be visible in trading terminal... no? And if those shares are not visible in trading terminal than how can we sell in delivery mode?
This must be specific provision in your brokers software.In most brokers case shares in demat account are not seen on the terminal.You can sell anything and you have to deliver the shares on T+2 which I do using SPEED e online DIS facility.

Smart_trade

Biker

This must be specific provision in your brokers software.In most brokers case shares in demat account are not seen on the terminal.You can sell anything and you have to deliver the shares on T+2 which I do using SPEED e online DIS facility.

Smart_trade
Thanks Smart_trade for your kind info. Can you tell which broker and software terminal you are using for such facility?

Currently I am in process to open account with Finvasia (as they are the only ones who are ok with opening demat without POA). They provide CDSL Easiest facility (i think similar to NSDL SPEED facility) wherein I will have to transfer shares in their account before selling. I believe there is another facility of CDSL named TRUST wherein the shares would be debited at time of sell just by entering the OTP.. no need to settle the trades ourselves or pain of transferring the shares beforehand (though not sure if any broker supports this facility.. though I believe if brokers support it than it would be a game changer)

In finvasia, you have to commit shares 1st to pool account and then they will be available for trade. For this you have to commit shares using cdsl app as off market order. Now thing is, you have to pay rs. 9 as off market order and 9+gst as demat charges. Also you will be able to sell after lots of headache, calling RM to make shares available to sell and to call them frequently. It looks good and secure but it's big time problematic. They have made it such a way that user themselve return to poa after bad experience of easiest.

Biker

In finvasia, you have to commit shares 1st to pool account and then they will be available for trade. For this you have to commit shares using cdsl app as off market order. Now thing is, you have to pay rs. 9 as off market order and 9+gst as demat charges. Also you will be able to sell after lots of headache, calling RM to make shares available to sell and to call them frequently. It looks good and secure but it's big time problematic. They have made it such a way that user themselve return to poa after bad experience of easiest.
Thanks 2021 for your inputs. I think if broker sells share from pool a/c than we are not liable to pay demat debit charges (atleast my last two brokers were not charging).

Also cant we directly settle the shares? Like Smart_trade mentioned above?

Will need to check out with Finvasia.