Is SBI a good stock for day trading?

I am currently concentrating on a single stock while day trading and i.e. SBI. I just want to know whether its a good choice and what criteria shall be applied while choosing a stock for day trade?

mohan.sic

I am currently concentrating on a single stock while day trading and i.e. SBI. I just want to know whether its a good choice and what criteria shall be applied while choosing a stock for day trade?
depends on your style of day trading.

1) Choose stocks with good volumes and which are less prone to broad market news.

I prefer ITC, Wipro, Reliance, LT, NTPC

But again it largely depends on your style of day trading. If you are a dynamic trader and ready for quick gains/loss then you may choose another set of stocks.

Hi Buddy,

All the stocks are good for trading But....

they depend on various factors too,

1) Why you choose to trade SBI based on what strategy ?
2) Whether your strategy is profitable in longterm ?
3) What is max.loss in your strategy ?
4) Day /Swing/Longterm trading ?
etc.

It goes on.. if you choose SBI to trade because you " feel ", I request you not to do so. There should be a proper analytical decision before involving in any trade.

imfine

Hi,

Its best way chosen by you to trade in single stock at a time.

its gives you more focus on your strategy and application. But irrespective of your strategy focusing on a specific sector like bank / finance will give you smaller picture in terms of market movement as sometime finance sector is running high and nifty might be low.

hence if you can opt then go for corporate scrips like reliance, tata etc.

thanks