Is my money safe with online brokerages like HDFC Securities or ICICI Direct?

How safe is my money in the given scenario?

• Completely safe

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Very safe, although not 100% safe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat safe, with some risks

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Today I sold 300 Unitech shares [@22.30 per share] and my online software - ICICI Direct - shows that I will receive 6,690 rupees within 2-3 days. Is my money safe? What is the guarantee that I will definitely receive this money? What is the chance that I don't get this money? What if the buyer [of my 300 shares] refuses to pay to his bank/broker?

Today I sold 300 Unitech shares [@22.30 per share] and my online software - ICICI Direct - shows that I will receive 6,690 rupees within 2-3 days. Is my money safe? What is the guarantee that I will definitely receive this money? What is the chance that I don't get this money? What if the buyer [of my 300 shares] refuses to pay to his bank/broker?
What if the buyer [of my 300 shares] refuses to pay to his bank/broker?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dude he dsnt have to PAY all automatic

praveen taneja

What if the buyer [of my 300 shares] refuses to pay to his bank/broker?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dude he dsnt have to PAY all automatic
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who told you to enter in trading??????????????????

sumosanammain

There is entirely a chance, that your broker may default, and you may not receive your money.
For this reason, you are advised to trade directly with the US Federal Reserve, via Bonds, that are assured by other country banks, so that in case of default, you dont loose your money.
The only proble is the initial investment amount is a bit large, say in the range of about a 100 million US dollars if you want to enter into a transaction directly with the Federal Rese3rve.
If via abroker,, then a few thousand dollars is sufficient, but then the same problem arises. What if the foreign broker defaults?

So, best way is to trade with 100 million US with the federal reserve bank of US

praveen taneja

There is entirely a chance, that your broker may default, and you may not receive your money.
For this reason, you are advised to trade directly with the US Federal Reserve, via Bonds, that are assured by other country banks, so that in case of default, you dont loose your money.
The only proble is the initial investment amount is a bit large, say in the range of about a 100 million US dollars if you want to enter into a transaction directly with the Federal Rese3rve.
If via abroker,, then a few thousand dollars is sufficient, but then the same problem arises. What if the foreign broker defaults?

So, best way is to trade with 100 million US with the federal reserve bank of US
Even chances are now that US can default toobcoz of $ crash its debt rising:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: