Is Daytrading dangerous?

DanPickUp

thanks for this great article . i wanna know sir why you change to esignal any particular reason ! your charting software ? please also provide link.
Hi darkstar

Hope you are fine. I still stay with what I used before :

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...-using-technical-analysis-420.html#post500580

Esignal is in my head and I have contacted them, but what you see above is what I use for TA, as the rest is given with the trading platform from the broker.

Take care

DanPickUp

Edit : Darkstar, the whole post is a "synopsis" from what very different people wrote in this whole thread. You have to check the thread to find out about who was it witch switched to eSignal. I only took out this comment of this certain post.

Last edited:

jagankris

Hi

I enjoyed to read this thread today and this is my personal synopsis of it.
I follow the Fixed Lot Methodology.
Trade for Zero.
Rest of the time you have to SIT ON YOUR HANDS doing nothing.
Thanks a lot Dan for this wonderful write up.
Thanks button not enabled.

Money is made in ranges not direction.

Pls explain the above statement.

Best Regards,
JK

D

darkstar

Hi darkstar

Hope you are fine. I still stay with what I used before :

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...-using-technical-analysis-420.html#post500580

Esignal is in my head and I have contacted them, but what you see above is what I use for TA, as the rest is given with the trading platform from the broker.

Take care

DanPickUp

Edit : Darkstar, the whole post is a "synopsis" from what very different people wrote in this whole thread. You have to check the thread to find out about who was it witch switched to eSignal. I only took out this comment of this certain post.
thank you sir you always helpful to me . what i can say

DanPickUp

Thanks a lot Dan for this wonderful write up.
Thanks button not enabled.

Money is made in ranges not direction.

Pls explain the above statement.

Best Regards,
JK
Hi JK

As the post is a synopsis from many post's, I do not remember the name of the writer from this statement. As far as I can tell from my experience, it all depends on Money Management and position sizing.

Simple spoken : In a trend, you add to your positions, like the turtles did and in a range, you trade fix big amounts of positions. The amount you choose, depends on the volatility of the market. High vola, less amount - less vola, big amount.

As I say, this is a very simple explanation about it. If you want to go deeper in such stuff, read every day here in this part of the forum, as this is in my view the most important part of the forum. If you have no money management and no position sizing concept, there is no future in trading.

DanPickUp

Day trading is dangerous when you take up a position. For example if you have brought stock A (i.e. 100 shares) for day trading, in case the price goes up, it is well and good. In case the markets fall down during the afternoon and the stock A comes down, then it is playing a risk game. In such a situation, it will be wise to have sufficient funds in hand and go and buy the stock for delivery. May be after 4 or 5 days the stock may go up.

In day trading, if you are making a profit, it is well and good. But don't sell it on a loss. This will erode your earnings. Take it for delivery basis.

so you are playing safer. This is my opinion.

D

darkstar

Day trading is dangerous when you take up a position. For example if you have brought stock A (i.e. 100 shares) for day trading, in case the price goes up, it is well and good. In case the markets fall down during the afternoon and the stock A comes down, then it is playing a risk game. In such a situation, it will be wise to have sufficient funds in hand and go and buy the stock for delivery. May be after 4 or 5 days the stock may go up.

In day trading, if you are making a profit, it is well and good. But don't sell it on a loss. This will erode your earnings. Take it for delivery basis.

so you are playing safer. This is my opinion.
sorry venky dear but i beg to differ, i am a daytrader i never take loss home . if in my time frame i had negative return . i soon realize that i committee mistake i cut loss and Waite for next opportunity . in my eye market is like bus stop if you miss one than wait next bus is came for you ( in this case stock ). following this strategy i made loss to little that its not bother me for more than five minute . ya but i wanna tell you in starting i loss, i lose my confidence not even to think trade again even i know this is better opportunity.

stock72

sorry venky dear but i beg to differ, i am a daytrader i never take loss home . if in my time frame i had negative return . i soon realize that i committee mistake i cut loss and Waite for next opportunity . in my eye market is like bus stop if you miss one than wait next bus is came for you ( in this case stock ). following this strategy i made loss to little that its not bother me for more than five minute . ya but i wanna tell you in starting i loss, i lose my confidence not even to think trade again even i know this is better opportunity.
this means that day u r taking loss to home ?

hi to all folks here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day trading (is a set of rules to beat the complex market)is not risky only when u keep stoploss of .06 % do the home work after market closes study with a good charting software one should know the strength and weakness of the particular stock and also write down the support and resistance levels concentrate only 1 or 2 scripts but don,t compare with index scripts like nifty etc and each scripts move on there own style spot that trend thats the logic and lastly one should combine day trading with swing trading if one is able to do it nothing beats daytrading
he will become millionaire within months i bet he will be able to pick tops and bottoms not perfectly but to some extent he has to sit for the whole day in front of the screen and take the pain by controlling emotions with patience and believing in his technical analysis

my advice is
learn technical analysis
maintain charting database carefully
never loose capital
never over trade and take more than 1.5 % risk
dont go for fno without 2 years experience in daytrading

Last edited: