Is Daytrading dangerous?

Discussion in 'Risk & Money Management' started by pksam, Jan 22, 2006.

1. sharantaka

sharantaka Member

Dear Global Gyan,
    I am only a two days ago registered member of the forum. Unfortunately I am using icicidirect.com as my on line broking house. After reading this string I want to request you to suggest a better on line broking house, can you oblige? Thanks

2. bvpraveen

bvpraveen Active Member

Hi Sharantaka,

There are lots and lots of discussion going on in "Brokers and Demat..." section. Please go through them. That will help you by giving all pros and cons of each brokers.

Praveen.

3. trader21

trader21 Active Member

Very well said. Tracking the fluctuations of few stocks only is most advisable for intrday players.

Another thing I have noticed is that since the knowledge has to be applied real time, automated tools, like programmed screeners can make a big difference. Developing a mechanical system and coding it in one's software can be very helpful since it will not let the emotions play much.

Regards.

4. narayanan

narayanan New Member

YES , it is dangerous....

5. beginner_av

beginner_av Well-Known Member

If you do not know how to swim, you will drown whether its a pond, river or a sea.

1 person likes this.
  6. CreditViolet

CreditViolet Guest

Actually Daytrading is the most relaxing and the easiest way to make money in the markets.Not sure what's all the fuss is about :)

CV
    :eek:

7. c_pavan

c_pavan New Member

yes ,it is dengerous
    but u shold have follow certain rules

8. beginner_av

beginner_av Well-Known Member

TRADING is dangerous per se. Adding ...day...position....swing....breakout...countertrend.....pullback....system....discretionary....strategy....options....futures....synthetic....and whatever you can think of, before the word TRADING, will not make it more or less dangerous. Every kind of trading needs its own rules, discipline, entry and exits, infrastructure and trade management. Some people do certain kinds of trading effortlessly, but struggle to do other forms. it depends a ot on personality. hence its better to do the kind of trading that suits u. if u do not know what kind of trader u r, refer to bret steenbergers articles...posted by CV and sivakm in some other thread. you should find out the type of trader u r first, and then do it accordingly...dont get fixated to any kind of trading for instant rewards etc. Remember that in every form of trading, most traders are losers...and in every form of trading there are immensely successful traders.

hello_betu, DanPickUp and oilman5 like this.
  9. CreditViolet

CreditViolet Guest

To sum up, yes daytrading is dangerous. Actually one can never make money in it. I basically sit on my butt 80 hrs every week so that I can lose money daytrading.Its my way of contributing to humanity. :D

CV
    :eek:

10. kannamthanam

kannamthanam Member

oh it is dangerous no doubt at all but then so is crossing the road .....very small children who have a tendency to just dash across without looking left or right do get run over quite often....as you grow up you learn to follow the signals and generally make it across safe.....that is the key know the rules follow them diligently but most important keep your eyes open and be deft enough to dodge that occasional drunken driver.....

DanPickUp and (deleted member) like this.