Invictus Trading Diary

Invictus

Hi Everyone.

This is my first thread in Traderji and here I am going to maintain my trades for evaluation purpose. Any healthy discussions are welcome. I am a small trader staying breakeven to marginally profitable on every month. My purpose is to be more systematic and disciplined in my trading and breakthrough in to a profitable trader and earn a living out of it.

From tomorrow I am going to start this diary to keep records of my intraday trades. I would be trading intraday since my trading capital is small.

Notes :-

I will trade intraday on NSE and MCX derivatives in 1m timeframe.
My NSE trading capital is 1.7L and MCX trading capital is 60K.
My trading system is called rainbow trading system. (found the AFL from web, modifed it to suit my purpose, and created the trade plans).

Invictus

BANKNIFTY, LONG at 24361, with 2 lots. Exit at 24375. Net profit = 14*2*40 = 1120.00

NIFTY LONG at 10033.5 with 3 lots, Exit at 10043, Net profit = 2137

SHORT on NIFTY at 10026 with 2 lots, Exit 10021, Net Profit = 750
LONG on NIFTY at 10025 with 3 lots, Exit 10035, Net Profit = 2250

manojborle

I have uploaded the data you required and shared the link at your post.
Please get the data from there.
Welcome to Traderji and nice simple system there.

Regards
Manoj

Invictus

Thanks Manoj for the data. I went through last few pages of your thread, and saw you trade intraday on NIFTY and BANKNIFTY. Do you trade stock future also or only on index future ?

Yes, I found this rainbow indicator as a simple one to show the trend vs range market visually. Previously I had tried to trade with moving averages, but failed. But once this group of moving averages are clubbed they are filtering out range market nicely from a trend market.

manojborle

Yes, I trade only Nifty and Banknifty future. Today only added Relcapital to marketwatch. I will check first how it behaves and then start trading it too.
Reason for choosing, it has good daily range and moves and the lot size is within my range.

Invictus

Can you please elaborate this line a bit more - "The lot size is wiith in my range".
How do you decide this based on yor risk management. Hope you wont mind.

I am pretty less experienced and have very bitter experiences for not adhering to proper risk management techniques. have lost quite a lot of fund for trading higher qty than I should. Now with this system i decided to stick only with NIFTY and BANKNIFTY till I get profitable trade with good accuracy.

Invictus

NIFTY LONG at 10073, with 2 lots, Exit at 10073.1, Net profit = 15.00

BANKNIFTY LONG at 24465 with 2 lots and exit at 24457, Net Loss = -640.00

Now as a 3rd trade LONG on BANKNIFTY from 24465.5 with 2 lots

Invictus

BANKNIFTY 2nd LONG at 24465.5 with 2 lots, exit at 24468.2. Profit = 216.00

not a smooth ride for bulls after gap up it seems.

manojborle

Can you please elaborate this line a bit more - "The lot size is wiith in my range".
How do you decide this based on yor risk management. Hope you wont mind.

I am pretty less experienced and have very bitter experiences for not adhering to proper risk management techniques. have lost quite a lot of fund for trading higher qty than I should. Now with this system i decided to stick only with NIFTY and BANKNIFTY till I get profitable trade with good accuracy.
My capital is 100000 and I am keeping SL amount of 2500-3000 per trade and in RELCAPITAL (Lot size 1500) I can get entries with 1-2 points stop loss.
I haven't traded it though but I think it doesn't have much slippage.

Invictus

My capital is 100000 and I am keeping SL amount of 2500-3000 per trade and in RELCAPITAL (Lot size 1500) I can get entries with 1-2 points stop loss.
I haven't traded it though but I think it doesn't have much slippage.
In that case, if you face 2/3 consecutive losses with full SL hit, your account will be down by 7/8K, how do you deal with that psychologically. I am asking cause previously I tried to trade with 2% trade risk intraday, but lossing trades were big blow to my psychology and that shook my confidence to trade further. Now I have reduced risk capital to 1% and some times as small as 0.5%.