Introduction - background

I am a senior citizen (aged 71+) retired from Central Govt service 13 yrs ago. I started investing - by chance - in 1985-86 by applying in promotors' quota. Within 6-7 years, the market value of my holdings went up by about 400 %, which got me interested in the stock market. Since then, there is no looking back ! At one time my holdings (including that of my family) were in almost 100+ companies, mainly through IPOs. However, during the course of next 10 years or so, 25% of companies vanished in thin air and another 25% became almost non-existent valuewise! Even so, I was able to build up a good port- folio of about 30 odd stocks, mainly from IPOs till 2003-04. The four years after 2003 were very good in secondary market. Only till April 09 (since Jany 2008) the market remained gloomy. But now it appears, bad days are behind. Of course you have to be vigilant.

My decisions are based on multiple choices - listening to analysts mostly in TV-18/awaj; various magazines/newspapers; and discussions with fellow investors - but final decision is of my own, depending on the economic and political envoronment, not only in India, but the whole world. However, lately, I have been preferring the Mutual Fund route. To my surprise, MF schemes held by me appreciated about 20 percent, without any action on my part during the last week, as against similar appreciation with all kind of effort and tensions which are associated with stock dealing. Rest next time. Hope my lengthy introduction will not bother any of the Traderji.com members. Thanks to all. DSRautela.

MVR

Hello all I am a House wife with 2 kids and my husband lost his during ression . We are trying for a job but not sucessful till today. I am interested in doing share business to take care of my family. I want to start will a small amount may be day trade first .

In this context I would like the traderji team to guide me to make some wealth to take care of my family and lead a happy life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introductions 2
lrahirwar Welcome 1
marcthomas Introductions 2
D Algo & Automated Trading 0
D Introductions 1