Intraday trading strategies (formulae)

* Some more morning strategies :.

A ) SHORT SELL :- ( sell first & buy later )

OPEN & HIGH IS SAME.
Sell just below HIGH price if it is not breaking the high price for 3 minutes.

Example : If O-H is 110 sell @ 109 with a SL ( stop loss ) just above HIGH.
Best results are observed if :-
a) Market is Bearish ( weak )
b) O-H rate is near or above SELL PRICE i.e.: ( pr. Close + BS )
c) O-H rate is @ or near R1, R2, R3
d) Share price has gained 10-30% in previous 1-3 trade days.
e) Weak share but O-H rate is @ or near R1, R2, R3

B ) BUYING :- ( buy first & sell later )

1. OPEN & LOW IS SAME..
Buy just above LOW price if it is not breaking the low price for 3 minutes. Example : If O-L is 100 buy @ 101 with SL ( stop loss ) just below LOW.
a) Market is Bullish ( strong )
b) Pr. Close is Strong ( i.e.: it is a strong share )
c) O-L is near or below Pr. Close
d) O-L rate is near or below BUY price or @ S1, S2, S3

2. STRONG SHARE :- ( i.e.: strong close pr. day )

BUY if :-..
a) OPEN is @ BUY price.
b) OPEN is same as pr. Close.
c) OPEN & LOW is same, as discussed above.
d) OPEN is just above pr. Close but far below SELL price.

Best results if market is bullish. Keep the target of getting out @ SELL price, or @ R1, R2, R3 if it is showing strength & volume is more than pr. Day.

PLEASE REMEMBER : 1) AS A INTRADAY TRADER YOU SHOULD NOT FIGHT WITH THE MARKET. BE READY TO ACCEPT A SMALL DEFEAT RATHER THAN MAKING IT A BIG FAILURE.
2) IT IS NOT A EASY GAME. UNDERSTAND IT . ALWAYS ANALISE SUCCESS & FAILURE FOR EVERY POSITION YOU TAKE.
3) Select a strategy. Do the homework before trading for that strategy only. Don't mix other strategy with it. PAPER-TRADE.for few days sincerely(the more time you take the better)......than start with small qty. for a period of say a month(do not overtrade your limits).......once your success for your strategy is 70-80%.........than increase qty in steps again. .....DO NOT OVER RISK.......YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE MARKET ....ALL YOU CAN CHANGE IS YOURSELF......TOWARDS SUCCESS.
4) Once you get the feel of price movements , how and why they happen....then YOU may take additional guidance of any softwares (NOT MANDATORY)
5) YOU CAN MAKE MONEY BY STICKING TO ONE STRATEGY FOREVER ALSO.......NEWER FORGET THIS.........SO.......JUST KEEP A AIM TO MASTER ONE STRATEGY.......AND LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES ....FULFILLING THE CRITERIA OF YOUR STRATEGY

WISH YOU ACQUIRE THE TRADING PSYCHE

intradaySuRe
Great , In todays world there is someone like you who is trying to share his expereince without any expectation. Your explanation is in very simple language and clarity. Infact it doesnt really require any software , but is aimed at understanding the movements of prices and also the trading psychology and conditions . I have read every thing sincerely and started to follow them. Thanks once again for your strategies and TIPS for a intraday trader. I will try to finalise one strategy and master it as you recommend.

Do i need to create a Metastock expert for it ,.. ?

If its for intraday , on previous day closings ,.. then we can plot them on intraday charts,.. if anybody is having ready made then plz do share.

Regards,..
Darsh
I have created an AFL for overlaying on price in AMIBROKER as per conditions described by VPSARATHY morning 30 mt strategy . Shd anybody require it just express so , I will publish in this blog or else one can contact me at <mm9547@**********>. Shiree

GAP OPENINGS simply means- Suppose if the sensex has closed at a particular level and on the Trade day it opens 200 to 500+ points ie. called GAP-UP. Similarly if it opens 200 to 500+ points down than pr. close it is called GAP-DOWN opening. of MARKETS.
This is applicable to shares also. Even in normal market you will find many shares having GAP-UP or GAP-DOWN openings.
Considering these openings you have to take intraday positions accordingly.
We will discuss the strategies for these later as time permits. And your understanding of my previous posts.
Sir,

Thank You very much for the strategies and detailed explanations. This is precious knowledge for laymen like me.

What percentage difference constitutes a GAP?
For eg, GMR Infra Closed today at 88.65. If it opens tomorrow 3% up at 91.3, will it be a GAP-UP?

Hi,
I am a newbie to technicals & MS. Need guidance on formulas. Attached is a snapshot of GMR chart with the support level marked. Can somebody guide me where i can find the formula for "EXPLORER" in MS which will give me stocks with key long term /short term supp res levels. Attached chart is an example important res level of 95, which did not cross and came down.
Thanks
Vishal

Attachments

I wish some one can make an excel sheet showing all the requirements and can fetch data in the morning after the market open by pressing refresh button.

Thanks intradaysure for providing excel sheet format for levels for intraday.

Great gesture from you.

I am following your strategies.

This format will make things easy for me.

Thanks once again

fd

trillian

* Some more morning strategies :.

A ) SHORT SELL :- ( sell first & buy later )

OPEN & HIGH IS SAME.
Sell just below HIGH price if it is not breaking the high price for 3 minutes.

Example : If O-H is 110 sell @ 109 with a SL ( stop loss ) just above HIGH.
a) Market is Bearish ( weak )
b) O-H rate is near or above SELL PRICE i.e.: ( pr. Close + BS )
c) O-H rate is @ or near R1, R2, R3
d) Share price has gained 10-30% in previous 1-3 trade days.
e) Weak share but O-H rate is @ or near R1, R2, R3

B ) BUYING :- ( buy first & sell later )

1. OPEN & LOW IS SAME..
Buy just above LOW price if it is not breaking the low price for 3 minutes. Example : If O-L is 100 buy @ 101 with SL ( stop loss ) just below LOW.
a) Market is Bullish ( strong )
b) Pr. Close is Strong ( i.e.: it is a strong share )
c) O-L is near or below Pr. Close
d) O-L rate is near or below BUY price or @ S1, S2, S3

2. STRONG SHARE :- ( i.e.: strong close pr. day )

BUY if :-..
a) OPEN is @ BUY price.
b) OPEN is same as pr. Close.
c) OPEN & LOW is same, as discussed above.
d) OPEN is just above pr. Close but far below SELL price.

Best results if market is bullish. Keep the target of getting out @ SELL price, or @ R1, R2, R3 if it is showing strength & volume is more than pr. Day.

PLEASE REMEMBER : 1) AS A INTRADAY TRADER YOU SHOULD NOT FIGHT WITH THE MARKET. BE READY TO ACCEPT A SMALL DEFEAT RATHER THAN MAKING IT A BIG FAILURE.
2) IT IS NOT A EASY GAME. UNDERSTAND IT . ALWAYS ANALISE SUCCESS & FAILURE FOR EVERY POSITION YOU TAKE.
3) Select a strategy. Do the homework before trading for that strategy only. Don't mix other strategy with it. PAPER-TRADE.for few days sincerely(the more time you take the better)......than start with small qty. for a period of say a month(do not overtrade your limits).......once your success for your strategy is 70-80%.........than increase qty in steps again. .....DO NOT OVER RISK.......YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE MARKET ....ALL YOU CAN CHANGE IS YOURSELF......TOWARDS SUCCESS.
4) Once you get the feel of price movements , how and why they happen....then YOU may take additional guidance of any softwares (NOT MANDATORY)
5) YOU CAN MAKE MONEY BY STICKING TO ONE STRATEGY FOREVER ALSO.......NEWER FORGET THIS.........SO.......JUST KEEP A AIM TO MASTER ONE STRATEGY.......AND LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES ....FULFILLING THE CRITERIA OF YOUR STRATEGY

WISH YOU ACQUIRE THE TRADING PSYCHE

intradaySuRe
It will be great and useful for novice like me if you explain the following strategy with an real time scenario that i.e explain with an particular day price of an share..

it will useful for a novice person like me who is entering intraday i.e day trade..