Intraday Strategy for Equity or Futures (touch of KISS) (not a trading setup thread)

rajputz

I have few setups of my own for intraday and swing trading. I do not invest as of now.

I am opening this thread for discussion purposes. It is not about some holy grail. It is not about providing any setup. It's a discussion thread on how we can approach intraday trading. The point is we have to keep it simple. Need for the topic exist (at least for me) because I am accustomed to seeing only my setup when there already exist many pointers or way to scan the market and people are already using it. While my method is simple and stable, I have to sit free sometimes and capital is lying idle. Although taking no position is a position. But we are in ever learning ever evolving business which is new every day. So I want to give thought to another point of views too and see how can I benefit from them. Modify them according to my need or can incorporate them in my existing systems. Using them where I can find a trade, where I can't on my systems.

Charts explanations are welcome. I will contribute too. Basic necessity of any method would be

1. Entry logic
2. Stoploss
3. Reward
4. Risk Reward Ratio should be good
4. Percentage chances of success
5. Worst case scenario

Note - I am not here to teach any stuff. I am myself learning. As previously explained, I already have a working method. I want to explore more.

Regards

rajputz

Last edited:

rajputz

Re: Intraday Strategy for Equity or Futures (touch of KISS) (not a trading setup thre

Sharing the chart of Indusindbnk

Price is at all time high. But the price is facing a resistance of 1445. I would like to go long at 1446 with a stoploss of .5% on price and target of 1%.

So that gives a stoploss of 1438.50 and target of 1460.

Since price is at all time high and this can be a false breakout, I would use a trail stoploss on next candle low on hourly charts.

Whatever the case, either target or last traded price or stoploss hit, the trade will be closed at 3:14 PM. No Carry Forwards.

Note: - This is just one way of entering. Inviting members to post their intraday entry methods.

@12:35 moved stoploss to cost at 1446.80 and 1446.

Regards

rajputz

Last edited:

rajputz

Re: Intraday Strategy for Equity or Futures (touch of KISS) (not a trading setup thre

Exited Indusindbk at 12:45 pm with average price of 1451.18

I was seeing resistance for Indusindbk at same levels so thought of exiting as it was not a string move. Stock out of scanner for me as I will not be looking at entry again.

Regards

rajputz

bpr

when posting a chart 3 things essential
the y axis the x axis the instrument name and instrument timeframe
without that that chart has very less value.

use investing.com chart much better above chart may be something like this

btw good luck on your new thread.

rajputz

I am sharing the chart of HeroMotoCo on an hourly basis.

I was going to sell at 3178 and buying above 3260. But in my system, I do not buy a breakup that is rallying from bottom to top or top to bottom. I require a breather either at support or resistance.

Now although it was under my scanner for last few days, I could not trade it according to my Intraday setup. Are there any other methods that could have proven worthy to consider it for an entry.

Again
1. Entry
2. Stoploss
3. Exit

Thanks and Regards

rajputz