Intraday stock selection

vagar11

Yes, lets test these concepts in live for few days and note down the key points. May be something will strike..

By the way, do you have any exploration code for filtering the stocks by checking volume spike ? Or is it being done manually..
I made a python script.
http://www.traderji.com/development...on-scripts-checking-volume-spikes-stocks.html

But, there is another easy way I found 2 days back. You can all do sorts of thing with that like volume spike, price change etc
http://my.topstockresearch.com/my/MyTsr/#/CustomScreener

vagar11

Volume change today w.r.t 30 days avg volume

HCLTECH change is 3%
MARUTI change is 3%
POWERGRID change is 7%
TATACHEM change is 10%
RELINFRA change is 12%
DABUR change is 13%
SRTRANSFIN change is 13%
RELCAPITAL change is 14%
UPL change is 16%
HINDUNILVR change is 17%
SIEMENS change is 17%
TATAMOTORS change is 18%
TECHM change is 21%
MCDOWELL-N change is 23%
ASIANPAINT change is 25%
TATASTEEL change is 25%
AMBUJACEM change is 26%
TITAN change is 26%
AXISBANK change is 27%
HEROMOTOCO change is 27%
FEDERALBNK change is 28%
GODREJCP change is 29%
ZEEL change is 33%
GLENMARK change is 34%
DRREDDY change is 39%
LT change is 43%
OIL change is 60%
APOLLOHOSP change is 71%
OFSS change is 73%
BAJAJHLDNG change is 80%

I made a python script.
http://www.traderji.com/development...on-scripts-checking-volume-spikes-stocks.html

But, there is another easy way I found 2 days back. You can all do sorts of thing with that like volume spike, price change etc
http://my.topstockresearch.com/my/MyTsr/#/CustomScreener
Hi Vagar and LineWolf,

This link really helped to understand the various patterns and indicators and would like to learn when to apply these together. Is there a way I can connect with you to talk or meet. I am in Bangalore and want to learn. I am available at anurao06 at gmail dot com.

Please help in this regards. It is much helpful. I am looking forward to do a complete setup this time. I had entered twice earlier with good investment and burnt my hands and this time, I want to ensure entering by rightly prepared.
Thanks,
Ram

vagar11

Hi Vagar and LineWolf,

This link really helped to understand the various patterns and indicators and would like to learn when to apply these together. Is there a way I can connect with you to talk or meet. I am in Bangalore and want to learn. I am available at anurao06 at gmail dot com.

Please help in this regards. It is much helpful. I am looking forward to do a complete setup this time. I had entered twice earlier with good investment and burnt my hands and this time, I want to ensure entering by rightly prepared.
Thanks,
Ram
Until you get a edge in the market, play with virtual money. I am also playing with a very small amount. You can invest in mutual funds in SIP mode to avail the benefits of market.

You can ask any question here.

LoneWolf

Hi Vagar and LineWolf,

Thanks,
Ram
Hello Ramesh, Welcome to the forum..

Here Vagar and Me are trying to understand if a setup can be developed through which we can filter few high probable liquid stocks to trade on intraday where the probability of price movement will be on high side. So that we can catch that move and capitalize on them.. This is a good initiative by Vagar, and I believe we will have something concrete to work upon in time. Remember these are strictly intraday setups.

If you want to trade intraday then there are many good guys helping selflessly and you can find many good system also. Take any one system, Make it your Bible. understand it, backtest it, paper trade and trade it Live. If you want to be a swing trader then also there are many good setups/price actions are being discussed from time to time. Anil is running a nice thread on positional trades. If you want to start investment then keep searching in the investment section. Here I am absolutely Zero, and even I have started learning about investment and fundamental analysis.. So stick around.. and keep gaining, Keep sharing.. Good Luck

LoneWolf

Today's filtered stock performance

Code:
AMBUJACEM	0.07
APOLLOHOSP	1.48
ASIANPAINT	1.06
AXISBANK	2.10
BAJAJHLDNG	-0.64
DABUR	        1.02
DRREDDY	        -1.91
FEDERALBNK	-1.12
GLENMARK	0.18
GODREJCP	0.88
HCLTECH	        -1.40
HEROMOTOCO	0.13
HINDUNILVR	0.01
LT	        0.58
MARUTI	        1.18
MCDOWELL-N	2.03
OFSS	        0.97
OIL	        0.21
POWERGRID	-0.28
RELCAPITAL	-1.00
RELINFRA	-1.41
SIEMENS	        -0.71
SRTRANSFIN	1.98
TATACHEM	-0.56
TATAMOTORS	-2.34
TATASTEEL	0.53
TECHM	-1.82
TITAN	0.04
UPL	0.84
ZEEL	7.27
So on SHORT side we had TATAMOTORS, DRREDDY
and on LONG side we had ZEEL, AXISBANK, MCDOWELL

vagar11

There is a very slight change in the stocks as the volume changes were poor. So, we can trade if there is a high jump in the volume for the previous day.

Volume changes for today.

CUMMINSIND change is 2%
MRF change is 2%
HINDPETRO change is 3%
ACC change is 7%
DRREDDY change is 13%
APOLLOHOSP change is 15%
RECLTD change is 17%
PNB change is 18%
YESBANK change is 18%
ICICIBANK change is 23%
ADANIPORTS change is 29%
BOSCHLTD change is 30%
BHARTIARTL change is 33%
MCDOWELL-N change is 36%
OFSS change is 44%
TATAMOTORS change is 46%
RCOM change is 48%
HCLTECH change is 57%
PFC change is 70%
GLENMARK change is 72%
LT change is 75%
GRASIM change is 90%
AXISBANK change is 116%
KOTAKBANK change is 116%
IDEA change is 126%
TITAN change is 139%
ASIANPAINT change is 156%
ZEEL change is 442%

We will see how ZEEL turns out tomorrow. We will look for atleast 250% volume change.

LoneWolf

I fear we may not get a stock everyday if we keep the %age filter for volume as high as 250%. and with that rule I guess there were no stocks for today's trading.. What do you say ?

vagar11

I fear we may not get a stock everyday if we keep the %age filter for volume as high as 250%. and with that rule I guess there were no stocks for today's trading.. What do you say ?
You are right 250% is high but without that we are not seeing any good change.
Without that volume change, we can trade with stocks which always show good change like ICICI Bank, TATA motors, Tata steel, BHEL(also giving good moves these days).