Intraday Data Archive

jdm

hi folks,
i was out of town can i get the intraday data from the period
this nagging problem can be solved if work together for a common goal, and yes almost all of us has faced this problem at certain point of time.

what i propose is we set up a core group, actually anyone can be one, who can upload the data on a daily basis. what he/she does is, upload the same on an regular basis, in case he/she misses the same other fellow member could do it for him/her.

the problems and the solutions

two fundamental problem we face is:
to have access to an application, to all fellow members, which downloads intraday data.
and secondly a web space where one can put up the data (since traderji has a limitation of 100K its a issue out here)

the first problem can be solved by the application which i developed, namely BSE Intraday Downloader. i have upgraded it and now the application can download upto 50 scripts at one go and at a click of a button.
the same can be downloader at:
http://www.traderji.com/49596-post1.html

yes, since at traderji we have an issue with file size. what i propose is create an email id where the core group will upload the data. this email id will be accessible to all and one can simply download the same whenever he wants.
i know its a very crude idea but a effective one.

for this purpose i have created a email with yahoo whose details are as below:

user-id - [email protected]
password - traderji
(please do not change the password)

anyone can download or upload the data here.

other minor issues
Format of the data
one nagging problem is the type of data. if we have the data in excel, Metastock can read the same but FCharts or Amibroker user will find the going tough. similarly if we have the data in CSV format FCharts can read the same, but Metastock or Amibroker will be left behind. but if the data is in ASCII text format most charting softwares including Metastock, FCharts and Amibroker can read the same. since output of the BSE Intraday Downloader in in ASCII text format it solves this vital problem.

what scripts to download
when you download the BSE Intraday Downloader by default you will find 50 scripts named. well they are not arbitrarily chosen nor they are favorite scripts of mine. actually the scripts are the top 50 scripts traded by value. i request fellow members to make this list the DEFAULT one. we can always add as we go.

i know what the responsibility one carries when one starts a thread. but here in this case i would like you all to share the responsibility with me. the project cannot succeed without the active participation of you all. i have taken the first step. now its upto you folks to make it a success.

cheers,
jdm.

hi folks,

this nagging problem can be solved if work together for a common goal, and yes almost all of us has faced this problem at certain point of time.

what i propose is we set up a core group, actually anyone can be one, who can upload the data on a daily basis. what he/she does is, upload the same on an regular basis, in case he/she misses the same other fellow member could do it for him/her.

the problems and the solutions

two fundamental problem we face is:
to have access to an application, to all fellow members, which downloads intraday data.
and secondly a web space where one can put up the data (since traderji has a limitation of 100K its a issue out here)

the first problem can be solved by the application which i developed, namely BSE Intraday Downloader. i have upgraded it and now the application can download upto 50 scripts at one go and at a click of a button.
the same can be downloader at:
http://www.traderji.com/49596-post1.html

yes, since at traderji we have an issue with file size. what i propose is create an email id where the core group will upload the data. this email id will be accessible to all and one can simply download the same whenever he wants.
i know its a very crude idea but a effective one.

for this purpose i have created a email with yahoo whose details are as below:

user-id - [email protected]
password - traderji
(please do not change the password)

anyone can download or upload the data here.

other minor issues
Format of the data
one nagging problem is the type of data. if we have the data in excel, Metastock can read the same but FCharts or Amibroker user will find the going tough. similarly if we have the data in CSV format FCharts can read the same, but Metastock or Amibroker will be left behind. but if the data is in ASCII text format most charting softwares including Metastock, FCharts and Amibroker can read the same. since output of the BSE Intraday Downloader in in ASCII text format it solves this vital problem.

what scripts to download
when you download the BSE Intraday Downloader by default you will find 50 scripts named. well they are not arbitrarily chosen nor they are favorite scripts of mine. actually the scripts are the top 50 scripts traded by value. i request fellow members to make this list the DEFAULT one. we can always add as we go.

i know what the responsibility one carries when one starts a thread. but here in this case i would like you all to share the responsibility with me. the project cannot succeed without the active participation of you all. i have taken the first step. now its upto you folks to make it a success.

cheers,
jdm.

SIR,
why open ,high,low close of all 1 min data are equal?
srpatel

Hi Joy,

Just now found this thread and I was surprised to find no response for your great work. Wonder why its so?

I will try it today and let you know about it.

Meanwhile do you have or can we do the same for NSE intraday also?
I guess most of them are trading in NSE.

Thanks,
Praveen.

jdm

hi praveen,
yep, i thought it would help everybody, including me. but then it futile to go on with a project like this without active participation of others. till then the project remains aborted.

cheers,
jdm.

Hi,

Its unfortunate to see this new effort still in aborted stage. I think most of the senior members have no problem with intraday data. My humble opinion to such senior members : Please share your ideas for this effort.

You seniors have contributed like anything in this forum. This new intraday archieve will help a lot..lot..lot of friends.

Please post your views, friends.

Praveen.

Hi All,

Where can I get the Intraday Data feed of Nifty, Nifty f/o and other stocks with volumes of 15 min tick.
Please help me out...

Regards,
a$h.investor