Interning with an experienced trader

Sorry if the thread title sounds misleading.

I recently resigned from Goldman Sachs (middle office role in equity derivatives) Bangalore wanting to pursue trading full time.

My handicap is that I have very little experience of trading other than a few stocks which i invested before joining the company and off course a working knowledge on the strategical trades done by Goldman traders.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum are looking for motivated and driven interns/apprentices to help them carry out their trades. I wouldn't mind working for free as long as i get good experience. I've written 2 NCFM modules and looking to give my CFA lvl1 this December.

I've also started learning the Python Programming Language on a side as i see it would be helpful for web scraping and writing algorithms for the market.

Thanks,
KJ

mechtrader

Welcome to the forum,

Your post doesn't clearly tell us what kind of trading do you want to pursue.
Since you are learning languages i will assume you want to get in the quantitative trading world.
Let me introduce myself, like you I am also from the corporate world. I worked in Crisil for a derivatives role. Lest the job 2 years back.
Currently I design my own automated strategies for a basket of stocks.

Let me know if this interests you in some way.

Thanks,
MT

mohan.sic

Sorry if the thread title sounds misleading.

I recently resigned from Goldman Sachs (middle office role in equity derivatives) Bangalore wanting to pursue trading full time.

My handicap is that I have very little experience of trading other than a few stocks which i invested before joining the company and off course a working knowledge on the strategical trades done by Goldman traders.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum are looking for motivated and driven interns/apprentices to help them carry out their trades. I wouldn't mind working for free as long as i get good experience. I've written 2 NCFM modules and looking to give my CFA lvl1 this December.

I've also started learning the Python Programming Language on a side as i see it would be helpful for web scraping and writing algorithms for the market.

Thanks,
KJ
:) I have resigned few yrs back from BofA to pursue trading full time but regretted very soon.
I am not saying this to discourage you but i suggest .. you can find a similar job role in night shift so that you can have some enough time in day to look at markets. Then gradually you can think of full time. pls think of it.

newuser_RK

Hey I am also from crisil bofa back office. I am interested in algo trading programming. Will learning python help me? In terms of a job? How can I learn Python, I have java coding experience....