Insider Trading?

bunny

Hmm... alright guys i get it... so if I have to trade for my own account, i can't be a dealer. Are there any other criteria that prohibits a person from trading for his own account or is this it?
A govt servant cannot indulge in speculative trade, and intra-day trade. He must compulsorily accept delivery and deliver shares.

Mr.G

Insider trading is the reason again. Use your brain man. Now don't ask how can govt servants can profit.

Mr.G

LOL. Welcome to India.

mastermind007

Really? But I've several seen several government servants trade intra-day. Strange.
Take video evidence of them and you can go RTI on him everytime you feel like doing your bit for the nation!

mastermind007

A govt servant cannot indulge in speculative trade, and intra-day trade. He must compulsorily accept delivery and deliver shares.
Delivery Trading is also considered speculation unless shares are held for a period of one year. Beyond one year, it is permissible, even though it is still a speculation in purest sense. Many officers do what BJP fellow did. Invest in name of his clueless underlings...