Indian Brokers offering Algo Trading to clients

I have studied system of both Omnesys and Symphony and agree with your analysis and I am programmer with 10+ years of experience. I visited offices of both the companies and Symphony as a company was lot more friendlier to deal with and while they did not share anything substantial for free, they did not mislead. Omnesys staff on other hand actually lied to me in person, which I was able to verify next day itself and from the same person.

Fortunately for me, I was able to obtain a realtime data feed from my broker so I've actually ended up developing my own system in .NET
and I am in final phases of testing it ... Best speed that I've clocked in automated trading speed of 66 nano seconds

In the most healthy sense possible, I'd like to compete with you for the "claim myself to be an expert in automated trading of India" ....
sir
i need auto trade set up.

GAIV

A NOTE OF CAUTION.

It is the Algorithm that wins and not Algorithmic trading system, or the high speed computers executing orders in nano seconds. Algorithmic trading needs constant observation and have to be changed according to market conditions. A sound knowledge of technical analysis and markets is also required. Just like technical analysis, there is no quick fix algorithm for all market conditions. The trades can go against you just like manual trading. A very low brokerage plan is also a must. Otherwise this will become just another way for the brokers to make more money while the traders are suffering losses. Whether you win or you lose as a trader, the broker always makes money. The more frequently you trade the more money they make.

I would like to quote a line from the book 'THE INTELLIGENT INVESTOR' by Benjamin Graham (1895-1973) who is considered the father of value investing and whom Warren Buffet considers a guru.

"WHY DO YOU THINK THE BROKERS ON WALL STREET ALWAYS CHEER AT THE SOUND OF CLOSING BELL EVERY DAY? BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ALWAYS MAKE MONEY (brokerage) IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER YOU AS AN INVESTOR/TRADER WIN OR LOSE."

I am writing this because there are ordinary people on this forum who are being impressed upon to think that it is easy, or that it is a smart idea and the ultimate solution.

Last edited:
Can a retail trader with a book of Rs 40-50 lacs, in cash market, trade using algorithms?
Are there companies providing programming and software support to such traders?
Is it allowed by the NSE exchange in India?
Please provide guidance.

Can a retail trader with a book of Rs 40-50 lacs, in cash market, trade using algorithms?
Are there companies providing programming and software support to such traders?
Is it allowed by the NSE exchange in India?
Please provide guidance.
Hi!

Yes,a retail trader can do Algo trading with a book of 40-50 lakhs.Symphony Fintech (Mumbai) provides a platform to such traders.Yes,it is allowed by the exchanges,

Cheers!!

please advice position u r hiring for -

We are working on some Algo projects and for this very reason we are in touch with Omnisystem/Symphony/GDFL etc companies related to this.

If everything goes smooth, we will gift something to my Traderji friends free of cost, most probably by May 2013 with a reasonable rate of Unlimited trading Brokerage Plan.

If somebody has some unique idea, may pm me. We are hiring some experts of this field.

regards

Is algo trading even profitable ?
It may or may not be depending on the returns an algorithm can generate and trading capital it is being used on.Usually it requires good trading capital and unlike popular beliefs and myths even good trading algorithms produce average returns but they are consistent.