Identifying future volatility and momentum

Hi,

How do I identify stocks that are likely to have a greater volatility and continued price growth or decline (around 15% to 20%) over a 10-20 day time period? Usually the problem that I face is as soon as I zero in on a stock and enter into a trade, the price moves very slowly and sometimes remains in a sideways trend. This happens in case of good liquid stocks also. Hence is there any way through which I can be a little more confident that upon entering into the trade the stock price will move decently (up or down)?

mohan.sic

Hi,

How do I identify stocks that are likely to have a greater volatility and continued price growth or decline (around 15% to 20%) over a 10-20 day time period? Usually the problem that I face is as soon as I zero in on a stock and enter into a trade, the price moves very slowly and sometimes remains in a sideways trend. This happens in case of good liquid stocks also. Hence is there any way through which I can be a little more confident that upon entering into the trade the stock price will move decently (up or down)?
Go for options. You will never miss the action.