i have 5000rs to invest

Hey Albert,
I dont think that investing in tcs or reliance will help, the primary reason being there size. It will be a slow increase in your value. So what i advice you is that you should invest in some midcap stock.
If you can research in a company than that even better but what i would advice u is that you should look into some of the ipos that are about to hit the market. There are many chance of making profit in this stocks and you can invest in them for a long term. In this ovepriced market it would be difficult to find undervalued stocks.....
ALL THE BEST

With that kind of money i would put my money in an IPO .

Markets have been doing good, invest your money on an IPO which you find attractive and fundamentally strong. Once u are allotted Sell them reinvest and build some base.

hey satish please give me any book which can be useful for learning about stock markets.i think i should spend my three years doing learning from scratch on investing and make mock trades and first spend my three years learning stock market.
can u tell me a good p2p for downloading books on investing.

can we talk somewhere
like in some chatroom
i think so u must be free before market opens and after it closes.
so tell me when we can talk next time.

by the way buffet started with 100$ wa do u think?
yeah ................ he collected 105000$ from his friends and relatives

vravikiran said:
HI there,

Quite a young age to start. But the market is such a place that once you are addicted to it you would not want to do any thing else. Its such a mesmerising place.
So, in case you plan to study further it would be wise to invest in some mutual fund and just keep track of your fund. The investments made by your fund manager and their portfolio churning would give you valuable inputs before you taking plunge in the markets.
It would be better than you depending on infosys or tcs.
All the best to you.

AGE doesnt matter for any work :D

Rao

satish_ds said:
Hi Alberteinsteinc,

Good to hear of your intrests and curiosity in stock market at this young age.
First of all since you are still studying concentrate on your studies and get yourself into a good position and a steady good income, stock market and investing in shares will not give a steady income for you every month.

You need to make your mind if you want to be a value investor or a trader, i think your role model is Warren Buffet, to tell you a small info about Warren he earned money by delivering soda saved that and bought a farm land and rented it out to farmers to get a steady income to invest. Follow the same policy (in a different way which may suit u right).

Trading is better than value investing, but for trading you need to have a bit more knowledge about the markets u gonna trade and some knowledge about technicals, you can read books, collect data of the companiesou you like and do a research of the same, try to understand what makes it go up or down, learn a bit of fundamantals also.
There is a very famous book about an boy trader called "Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator" who became to be called as the worlds greatest stock trader, i have the book in a e-book format, in case you are interested to read the same i can send it across to you. Like wise there are lots of books which you can read to gain knowledge, get to know about other traders and their way of trading and info about money management and positions, trends etc.,

I have more to tell you, but im running out of time. Keep posting and sharing, you can get more inputs.

Good luck

regards

Satish

Dear Satish;
Will u please send me the reffered book "Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator" to my email id: [email protected]
Thanks in advance for such a kind help.

rao

my dear friend Satish
aren't you glad you didn't provide you email address? anyways, welcome to forum spam ;-)