How to start trading

Hi all,

I just wanted some information regarding trading, I am a newbie on this topic so please, reply accordingly,

What will you choose to trade intraday or long term? I don't know what long term trading is called.

IF you choose intraday, is it possible that you go to websites like moneycomtrol and set the profit and stop loss according to that and make profits or there is some other way things work, let me know?

IF there is anything else that you would like to suggest or have insights please do help

Tia

Sunny1

forget intraday or longterm. first know what is trading. word here in this forum is used mainly for stock/share trader. that traders buy or sell shares of companies to make profits on account rise or fall in prices of shares.
All the the trading is done through the brokers who are member of the stock exchange like NSE, BSE. for that you need to open an account with the broker and transfer money to your trading account to trade.

There lot basic things you to go through. its very high risk business. moneycontrol is just website which give news about stock market.

forget intraday or longterm. first know what is trading. word here in this forum is used mainly for stock/share trader. that traders buy or sell shares of companies to make profits on account rise or fall in prices of shares.
All the the trading is done through the brokers who are member of the stock exchange like NSE, BSE. for that you need to open an account with the broker and transfer money to your trading account to trade.

There lot basic things you to go through. its very high risk business. moneycontrol is just website which give news about stock market.
Ok whatelse after I open my account with a stock broker

If you are interested in intraday trading read the first few pages of the following thread & see how you feel about it. If you like the strategy, then you could start trading with 1 share-quantity & post your trades there, & once you feel like you're making consistent profit with 1 share-quantity, then you can gradually increase your quantity upto 2-3% of your trading-capital. Remember, slow & steady wins the race! - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/learn-how-to-fish.104340/

Sunny1

After that learn to analyse to stock technical as well fundamental. observe how the prices go up and down. learn to put orders through your broker. see what is money management in trading. its long journey

columbus

Hi all,

I just wanted some information regarding trading, I am a newbie on this topic so please, reply accordingly,

What will you choose to trade intraday or long term? I don't know what long term trading is called.

IF you choose intraday, is it possible that you go to websites like moneycomtrol and set the profit and stop loss according to that and make profits or there is some other way things work, let me know?

IF there is anything else that you would like to suggest or have insights please do help

Tia
The best would be open an account with a broker and sit with traders with him.

newtrader101

Trading is more like a game of chess where players try to outwit each other. Here traders try to study the market and exploit its tendencies, for money. Whoever plans better, thinks sharper, uses sound strategy and money management, may survive. Those who don't, hand over their money to the market.

Last edited:

shivroy

Learning License
Trading is a serious business where you will be competing with big money like mutual funds, Insurance etc. Go to Zerodha varsity where you would find many answers to your question and also would understand many aspects of trading.

I advise you to start with long-term trading. You will have time for work. Intraday trading takes a lot of time and effort. It is better for you to trade without quitting your job. Also view trading charts, test your strategies, watch and remember how currencies move. It's easier to do on tests. In a short time you can view a lot of deals.