How to place a StopLoss order on Sharekhan's Fastrade platform???

Hi, I need some help regarding the mechanics of placing of stoploss orders on Sharekhan's trading platform. I also am not clear of the concept of trigger price.

Eg

Short price is 753.
I need to place a stop loss at 760.
How would I enter the stop loss order on Sharekhans fastrade platform?

If someone can help me out on this I'd be grateful.
Warm regards,
JG

TFL

Hi, I need some help regarding the mechanics of placing of stoploss orders on Sharekhan's trading platform. I also am not clear of the concept of trigger price.

Eg

Short price is 753.
I need to place a stop loss at 760.
How would I enter the stop loss order on Sharekhans fastrade platform?

If someone can help me out on this I'd be grateful.
Warm regards,
JG
JG,

Trigger Price: At reaching this price your order is sent to the exchange till that time the order will be held at sharekhan itself.

If you place a Stoploss Order with Trigger Price the Stoploss order is executed or sent to exchange only if the Trigger Price is reached.

You are welcome to ask more.
Hari.

HI
is there any way to place stop loss without tiger price ?
waht if wee place tigger price as market price ?

will it works ?
Ali

AW10

Hari,
Are you sure, that order is hold by broker till the time trigger price is reached. I am not sure, but I think, we get exhange confirmation for stoploss orders telling that order is accepted.

As I understand this, exchange has 2 order queue. One active queue (say Q1) and other queue (Q2)) where it holds stoploss orders. As soon as, trigger price is hit, the order is moved to Q1 from Q2 and whatever is the content of that order, it becomes active.

So if there is a limit price, it will try to execute at or better then limit price. If there is no limit price then it takes it as market order and executes.

Happy Trading.

AW10

HI
is there any way to place stop loss without tiger price ?
waht if wee place tigger price as market price ?

will it works ?
Ali
Without SLoss price, you will just mention limit price.. And in case where it is sell order and limit price (say Rs 45) is less then market price (say Rs 48) then it will get executed immediately and you stock will be sold at 48 rs.
For Limit order, exchanve tries to give you Limit price or better then that price. So if your limit price is Sell @45, and it can sold at 48 (which is better then 45),, it will be sold asap.

So you need to give SL trigger price of 45. So that your order becomes active only when 45 is touched else you don't want to sell share at anyother price.

Happy trading.