How to open demat account

Hi!

Yes it is possible. Even I am doing the same thing. My demat is with ICICI and I do my trading with Angel. But now I am planning to open demat account with angel also, because I do all my trades on angel only. There is no problem while buying the shares, but every time I sell my shares, I have to visit ICICI branch to submit the delivery instruction slip to transfer the shares from ICICI. So I would suggest in order to avoid this hassle keep your demat and trading with the same broker. Initially I thought why pay extra money to angel, when I can manage everything with only one demat account. Thus, I am now planning to open a demat with Angel. Angel is charging me Rs.330 per year for demat. I feel it is fine enough.:thumb:

i asked because.I am opening an account with angel and the guy said amc charges of approximately 500 would apply.SO i was thinking whether demat can be open with my bank hdfc(as they reverses the charges)and trading i do on angel.

Is that possible?

magnet

Hi!

Yes it is possible. Even I am doing the same thing. My demat is with ICICI and I do my trading with Angel. But now I am planning to open demat account with angel also, because I do all my trades on angel only. There is no problem while buying the shares, but every time I sell my shares, I have to visit ICICI branch to submit the delivery instruction slip to transfer the shares from ICICI. So I would suggest in order to avoid this hassle keep your demat and trading with the same broker. Initially I thought why pay extra money to angel, when I can manage everything with only one demat account. Thus, I am now planning to open a demat with Angel. Angel is charging me Rs.330 per year for demat. I feel it is fine enough.:thumb:
And what if you have say trading cum demat account with a bank can the same account be linked to angel.
And if so can one use angel for say speculative trading and bank one as long time trading.?
WIll that affect the taxing parameter or separate account is needed.

Hi!

You can link only the demat account with angel not the trading account. If you do speculative i.e. intra-day trading, then you wont have to go to your bank branch to submit the delivery instruction slip. Yes you can have two different accounts one for speculation and other one for long term I dont know much about changes in taxing parameters.

And what if you have say trading cum demat account with a bank can the same account be linked to angel.
And if so can one use angel for say speculative trading and bank one as long time trading.?
WIll that affect the taxing parameter or separate account is needed.

magnet

DHruv i meant can the same account be used for investor as well as speculatibve trading?

Anyways i feel it will prove cumbersome better way would be to have 2 different account from same bank and branch and both connected with fund transfer.So fund can be transfer into one another at no time and one be used for long time and other for speculative

As i read long ago a person being charged for his 8 months holding as business as all other his trades were speculative.

Different account might help to avoid the trouble.

Dhruv by the way where are you located.

I have made my mind to open account with angel plus will let you know about commodities too.
I also see nsel option.WHich might help people here to know trading in esilver and egold.

To open your Demat Account, you first need to select a Depository Participant, or DP, of your convenience. CDSL has a host of top-notch DP's spread across the length and breadth of the country. Use our search engine below to find a DP who is located closest to your home or place of work.

I suggest to get review at onlinestocktrading9.in

Re: Opening of Demat account

I am Avishek Ghosh. Doing Summer training from Edelweiss capital. If any body here wants to open demat account from edelweiss please contact in my number -9665288321. Edelweiss is one of the top most investment bank in India.
IPO funding is done by three companies in India-Kotak Mahindra,JP Morgan and Edelweiss. If you invest more you will gain more. 95% chance of gaining profit. Recently Edelweiss has given loan of Rs.1500 cr. to Reliance.
Thank you,
Avishek