How to import EOD in FCharts

Hii HImadri Jii...One more Help Needed...

Hii HimadriJii..

One more Problem..
When Iam Trying to Download the Indices from the convertor.i am getting the following error in dialog box

fgetindices; subscript out of range

but i can d/l the eod for stocks, indices not working..

please help

thanx again and regards

santosh

Himadri, Many thannks for this utility, your help is much appreciated.
Can you confirm a couple of things.
Do we need to store these historical data files after import/export?
Any way the stocks in nifty indices can be grouped as watch lists?

Thank you
suresh

Himadri, Many thannks for this utility, your help is much appreciated.
Can you confirm a couple of things.
Do we need to store these historical data files after import/export?
Any way the stocks in nifty indices can be grouped as watch lists?

Thank you
suresh

Dear Suresh,

After you import prices in Fchart, the same are saved in C:\Program Files\Fcharts\Prices . Stocks under Nifty indices can be grouped and saved in watch list manually.

Cheers

Himadri

Dear Mr. Himadri,

If I am correct it is thru your detail post of downloading quotes from ********** that made fcharts workable on indian nse shares.

Since then I was successfully using it everyday.
At any point of time the download tabsheet downloads the latest share data on the ***** server irrespective of the day and time from the url -

"http://quote.**********/d/quotes.csv?s=@@@&f=sd1ohgl1v&e=.csv"

I used to dnld the data even during market hours and get the latest quotes for all shares at that moment though 15 minutes delayed but it fulfilled my purpose as I then used to export the same into a csv file and import the same into amibroker for running signals.

The download tabsheet states -

"This utility will download the latest O,H,C,L and volume for all tickers in your database. Please be sure to set the market suffix".

Since yesterday I am unable to perform the above operation. The data is downloading too fast but it does not get data. Its a false download.
A few days the same thing happened but started working after a few hours.

I downloaded the csv file thru the above url but downloaded the file which had no quotes.

What is wrong ? Has the URL changed ?

Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

b.a.m.

Problem seems to be from ***** site. They might be in process of changing url. Just wait for a day and see whether your problem is sorted out.

But I always prefer downloading eod data from nse site, detailed procedure of downloading eod from nse and importing it to Fchart is already explained in this thread.

Himadri

man4urheart

By using the DE utility, For NSE index the Volume is not coming. For other scripts it is coming.

I also noticed the xls file doesn't have volume column for historic data.

Can you explain this?

Mr. Himadri,

Thank you for your quick response.

Dnld eod data will not solve my problem as i need the current data (even if delayed) during market hours for all shares of nse. at the end of the data the bhavcopy is in any way available from nseindia.

Thank God thru trial and error I soved the problem. The lead I got from the website w w w (x) g u m m y - s t u f f (x) o r g # *****-data x htm

The said site is a rich source of how to dnld data from the site.

The ***** site for dnld keeps changing over a long interval.

I changed the server url from finance x ***** x com to in x finance x ***** x com and it worked.

there are perhaps three servers for info which keeps changing after a long interval :

finance (x) ***** (x) com
quote (x) ***** (x) com
in (x) finance (x) ***** (x) com

Thanks
b.a.m.